SAU Community

Paints, For Respray.

IOWNU

Hey eveyone,

Well I'm going to get my car resprayed soon, so I was just wondering if there are any websites with different colours that you can use, or if anyone has some pics of nice colours?

I'm basically after something that stands out, wouldn't mind those wet look, metallic, or two-tone paints (chameleon)

Thanks,

Ali

Assuming you own a GTR, I would go for the R34 Millenium Jade colour. Tough but attractive colour.

Anyway that's my opinion - good luck with the choice and respray! :(

Assuming you own a GTR, I would go for the R34 Millenium Jade colour. Tough but attractive colour.

Anyway that's my opinion - good luck with the choice and respray! :(

Thanks for the link lwells.

Millenium Jade looks immac! But not my cup of tea.

For a while i was thinking midnight purple 3......but now i'm indecisive.

I really like the chameleon paints.....but all my mates keep telling me that it has been done to death......

Thanks for the input!

Midnight purple pearl III is an amazing colour and very rare. I believe only about 400 cars were made in that colour and there is probably only a couple of real examples in Australia. It stands out but not in the same way some flashy lime green paint would.

Saw an R32 GT-R in Japan that was "Windsor Blue" with a very small amount of Pearl Metallic Flec through it and had two Black GT stipes ( about 6" wide each ) from the rear edge of the boot lid to the front edge of the bonnet. It had a set of Black Nismo LM wheels on it and I literally could not drag myself away from it for 20 minutes !!!!! If I had the $'s I'd do mine that way in a heart beat !!!!!!

Saw an R32 GT-R in Japan that was "Windsor Blue" with a very small amount of Pearl Metallic Flec through it and had two Black GT stipes ( about 6" wide each ) from the rear edge of the boot lid to the front edge of the bonnet. It had a set of Black Nismo LM wheels on it and I literally could not drag myself away from it for 20 minutes !!!!! If I had the $'s I'd do mine that way in a heart beat !!!!!!

Sounds good.....got any pics? lol

I'm dying to see some pics, before I walk into a paint shop.

Didn't have a camera with me at the time cause that day we were doing an "UP Garage" crawl and saw it in some town about 2.5hrs out of Osaka ( where my camera was ). I can't even tell you what the name of the town was cause I was so obsessed with buying parts :wub: Even if I had a picture, there's no way it could do that paint job / scheme justice !!! It just stopped everyone in their tracks !! Sorry I can't be more help :wub:

I just had my car resprayed in Dupont its a very good paint i would recomend finding a panel better that used this paint and give them a call and they could show you some colour charts mines black with blue pearl looks good and isn't too expencive

that purple is hot...

but that midnight purple color (if its the 1 im thinking of), looks incredible..

i agree that chameleon paints are everywhere now, but this 1 in particular still stands out

post-22515-1126831982.jpg

Edited by madwob

that purple is hot...

but that midnight purple color (if its the 1 im thinking of), looks incredible..

i agree that chameleon paints are everywhere now, but this 1 in particular still stands out

post-22515-1126831982.jpg

Whoaaa.

What colour is that????

I love it.

I was thinking Chameleon Purple in my head, just never seen it before.