SAU Community

R32 Gtr Bilstein & Whiteline Suspension

Sydneykid

Bistein have found a few sets of R32GTR in stock in Europe, so they are airfreighting them to Australia. The good news is we will be able to keep the Group Buy open for this modle for a litte longer. But don't wait to long, it is only a handfull of shocks.

:) cheers :)

Edited by Sydneykid

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi SK

while the bilstiens may sell out, the other components in the kit will still be ongoing such as camber kits, sway bars etc, won't they?

Thanks

I don't think so, Jamex only did this Group Buy on the basis that is was a kit, including shocks. So when the Bilsteins are all gone, these Group Buys will stop. I may be able to convince Jamex to open up new Group Buys, but I am not sure that they will want to.

:P cheers :(

Just what I was waiting for. Great work Sydneykid

Please confirm part numbers for caster kit and front springs. Whiteline website states KCA332 as caster kit part number not KCA331. Front springs are listed as 83157

Thanks

Yes on the whiteling site the fronts are listed as 83157, but i just had a look at modyourcar to see what part numbers they suggest and it was 73157, and the 70191 as sydneykid stated. So which one is correct? I'd obviously be inclined to trust Whiteline, but just seems wierd?? Does anyone know for sure, i'm pretty certain it's the 83157.

Cheers

Edited by WhatBrake

Yes on the whiteling site the fronts are listed as 83157, but i just had a look at modyourcar to see what part numbers they suggest and it was 73157, and the 70191 as sydneykid stated. So which one is correct? I'd obviously be inclined to trust Whiteline, but just seems wierd?? Does anyone know for sure, i'm pretty certain it's the 83157.

Cheers

The Group Buy has sold quite a few of these, everone has been very happy with the result. The part numbers used are as per the initial Group Buy post, 73157 and 70191. The Whiteline hard copy catalogue has the same part numbers. The .PDF format catalogue on the Whiteline site has the same part numbers.

Based on the above, I can safely assure you that 73157 and 70191 are correct.

:P cheers ;)

I'll be taking a set of springs, swaybars and piaeapples off your hands soon. Need them for track use only. Just bought a set of ohlins adj damper and rebound off ebay at a reasonable price and already have the rest. Just waiting for the shocks to arrive. Could you please pm me a price. Thanks

I'll be taking a set of springs, swaybars and piaeapples off your hands soon. Need them for track use only.  Just bought a set of ohlins adj damper and rebound off ebay at a reasonable price and already have the rest. Just waiting for the shocks to arrive. Could you please pm me a price. Thanks

Do the Ohlins have the R32GTR standard style of bottom spring seat? Or do they have a parrallel race coil style of seat? The Whiteline springs used in the Group Buy kit are designed to fit the standard spring seats (top and bottom). I can get Eibach race coils in similar rates if the Ohlins have race coil style top and bottom spring seats. Obviously there is a price difference, so I will need to know before I can PM you a confirmed price.

:( cheers :)

Sydneykid (Gary) and Jamex Australia,

Thanks for your efforts setting up this group buy and the research done to acheive an excellent balanced package for street use.

I had the complete kit installed last week at Centreline and my car feels so much better. Its firm but forgiving, very suited to our dodgy roads in Melbourne.

Chris at Centreline also did a wonderful job. He's a great guy to deal with and is happy to take time out and explain all you need to know about the work carried out.

Very happy with the results!

Hi gary,

Has the group buy finished for the R32 GTR's yet? Any idea how much longer it will be available for if it's still goin?

Thanks, Ben

Hi Ben, Bisltein Australia ran out of some part numbers, from memory they had some rears for R32GTR, but no fronts. So they asked Bilstein Germany for enough stock to balance the sets. A handfull arrived via airfreight last week, so the Group Buy is stll open. It is hard to tell how long they wil last, maybe 2 or 3 weeks is my guess, based on the current sales rate.

PM me for full details.

:) cheers :)

Dont want to cause a fuss for the sake of it, but the whiteline .Pdf DOES say 83157 for the fronts and 70191 for the rears for an R32 GTR. So i don't know what .Pdf file you were viewing...check -> http://www.whiteline.com.au/ ->Then go to "your car" at top left -> Then "NISSAN" at the top in blue -> then "R32 GTR AWD" down the list.

Cheers

The Group Buy has sold quite a few of these, everone has been very happy with the result.  The part numbers used are as per the initial Group Buy post, 73157 and 70191.  The Whiteline hard copy catalogue has the same part numbers.  The .PDF format catalogue on the Whiteline site has the same part numbers.

Based on the above, I can safely assure you that 73157 and 70191 are correct.

:P cheers :D

Edited by WhatBrake

The ohlins shock I bought have only got rebound dampening. I'll see if the ebay guy will refund some money. They have standard spring seats in them. Do you recommend any other parts in ther kit if I already have cusco front and rear upper arms and tien castor rods. Are there any bushes to tighten up the lower arms.

Gary,

A quick question.  Which of the grooves do I need to install the circlip into to get the recommended 355mm ride height.  I just don't want to have to do it twice.

Cheers

The Bislteins are shipped with the circlips in the 355 mm position.

:( Cheers :)

The ohlins shock I bought have only got rebound dampening. I'll see if the ebay guy will refund some money. They have standard spring seats in them. Do you recommend any other parts in ther kit if I already have cusco front and rear upper arms and tien castor rods. Are there any bushes to tighten up the lower arms.

I thought that might be the case, I have never seen separately adjustable bump and rebound on Skyline Ohlins.

There is an inner lower front control arm polyurethane bush available for R32's from Whiteline. For the rest, Noltec (www.noltecsuspension.com) will make up pretty much any bush in polyurethane, all you do is send them the arm.

Adjustable stabiliser bars and rear subframe bushes should be on your list, to go with the springs. Let me know what you want to do about the Bilsteins.

:( Cheers :)

I'll take a set of springs, adj swaybars and pineapples off your hands. Need them for track use only. Could you please pm me a price and I can do the transfer. I won't worry about the bilstiens or lower arm bushes for the moment.

Thanks for your reply also in the curcuit setup recommendations for a r32 gtr I'm sure the specs you gave will be a great help.

I'll take a set of springs, adj swaybars and pineapples off your hands. Need them for track use only. Could you please pm me a price and I can do the transfer. I won't worry about the bilstiens or lower arm bushes for the moment.

Thanks for your reply also in the curcuit setup recommendations for a r32 gtr I'm sure the specs you gave will be a great help.

PM sent

:P cheers :P

hope these fit the gtr then  :D

Now they are REAL Swedish Ohlins, with bump adjustment on the cannister and rebound adjustment on the shock top. They look like an R32GTR set. Big spring rates, the fronts are 850 lbs per inch if I remember rightly.

Send me the coil dimensions and I can check them for you if you want.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=79157

:D cheers :)