R32 Gtr Bilstein & Whiteline Suspension

Sydneykid

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can the dust cover and bump stop work with anyother brands, like Tein?

Probably, the shock shaft has to be a similar size. The bump stops stretch, so I don't see that as being a problem. The shock body OD has to be less than 50 mm as that is the ID of the dust cover. Measure that just to be sure.

You will have to trim the bump stop length to suite the ride height you have the shocks set at. See pictures and instructions on page 1 of this thread.

:huh: Cheers :)

Sorry SK

I have eventually found this GB after all - but I do have another question

OK - I have a mildly modified R32 GTR, currently seeing ~300awkw. I have a few more mods to go (bigger injectors, Z32s and some cams blah blah) and expect to end up around the 350awkw mark

It's a daily driver, with minimal track use - but still I'd like the full kit and also see the car lower (still have std shocks and springs BTW). So is this what I need

Also – who can do fitting in Brisbane ?

post-11736-1128334162.jpg

Sorry SK

I have eventually found this GB after all - but I do have another question

OK - I have a mildly modified R32 GTR, currently seeing ~300awkw. I have a few more mods to go (bigger injectors, Z32s and some cams blah blah) and expect to end up around the 350awkw mark

It's a daily driver, with minimal track use - but still I'd like the full kit and also see the car lower (still have std shocks and springs BTW). So is this what I need

Also – who can do fitting in Brisbane ?

This is the full kit for an R32GTR, with adjustable stabilser bars as it gives you the ability to fine tune the handling for those occasional trips to the circuit. I have also included the bump stop and dust cover kit, which you may or may not need depending on the condition of the ones on the car.

73157 Front Springs $144.00

70191 Rear Springs $144.00

Front Bilstein Shocks $578.00

Rear Bilstein Shocks $578.00

BNF27Z Front stabiliser bar $219.00

BNR26XZ Rear stabiliser bar $219.00

KCA332 Caster Kit $115.00

KCA336 Front Camber kit $272.00

KCA347 Rear Camber Kit $123.00

KCA349 Rear Subframe alignment kit $105.00

W0921 Bump Stop & Dust Cover $102.00

Zero Freight $-

Sub Total $2,599.00

Less extra 5% $129.95

Total $2,469.05

Fulcrum can do the fitting in Qld, although you could easily fit the stabilisers bars and rear subframe alignment kit yourself. The shocks and springs are pretty easy as well, you just need a spring compressor ($25 from SupaCheap). The caster and camber bushes are a bit trickier as you will need a 20 tonnes press to remove the old rubber bushes and insert the new polyurethane bushes. Then a wheel alignment o0f course.

PM me for any further details.

:) cheers :)

This is the full kit for an R32GTR, with adjustable stabilser bars as it gives you the ability to fine tune the handling for those occasional trips to the circuit.  I have also included the bump stop and dust cover kit, which you may or may not need depending on the condition of the ones on the car.

73157 Front Springs  $144.00

70191 Rear Springs  $144.00

Front Bilstein Shocks  $578.00

Rear Bilstein Shocks  $578.00

BNF27Z Front stabiliser bar  $219.00

BNR26XZ Rear stabiliser bar  $219.00

KCA332 Caster Kit  $115.00

KCA336 Front Camber kit  $272.00

KCA347 Rear Camber Kit  $123.00

KCA349 Rear Subframe alignment kit  $105.00

W0921 Bump Stop & Dust Cover  $102.00

Zero Freight  $- 

Sub Total  $2,599.00

Less extra 5%  $129.95

Total  $2,469.05

Fulcrum can do the fitting in Qld, although you could easily fit the stabilisers bars and rear subframe alignment kit yourself.  The shocks and springs are pretty easy as well, you just need a spring compressor ($25 from SupaCheap).  The caster and camber bushes are a bit trickier as you will need a 20 tonnes press to remove the old rubber bushes and insert the new polyurethane bushes.  Then a wheel alignment o0f course.

PM me for any further details.

cool - thanks for the info - will hopefully place order some time next week

cool - thanks for the info - will hopefully place order some time next week

Please don't delay too long, there are only a limited number of GTR Bilsteins. I would prefer that SAU guys got them rather than outsiders.

this is a great deal compaired to tein set of shocks+springs+dust covers@ $1860 and a fit and align @ $440 from fulcrum and thats the new australian springs. do the math guys you get the entire handling kit for just over $2500 thats the best bargan on here. i spent over $4000 for my handling kits from japan only for it to ride like it was on the axels, sydneykid has done all the hard work for the best handling package. Do you have any idea how long it takes to get one of these cars to dance the right way, and you guys talk about geting shit springs and shocks cheaper from some other place i say go right ahead you will just disapointed in the end

sorry about the rant SK well done on the set up

A couple of guys have asked me about the front camber kit KCA336, and its cost. As you can see it is a very complex kit with a lot of components;

Skyline_Front_Camber_Kit.jpg

In the kit there are;

8 X polyurethane bushes

2 X steel offset drilled shafts

4 X aluminim collars

2 X high tensile bolts

4 X high tensile nuts

4 X centre drilled steel shafts

4 X high tensile spring washers

1 X set of instructions

1 X "Whiteline Test Pilot" sticker

This enables you to adjust the camber at the outer upper control arm. It also replaces the rubber bushes (with polyurethane bushes) on the inner upper control arm. Both of these are high wear points on R32's, almost every R32 I see has worn upper control arm bushes. This is mostly due to their age, but Nissan obviously saw room for improvement in the design of the upper control arm. The R33 version of the front upper control arm spreads the load over a wider area in an attempt to reduce the wear on the bushes.

So you do get a lot for your money and most R32's need it badly.

:D cheers :blink:

Edited by Sydneykid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
G'day Gary....

I see the R33GTR race setup, nice work!!! and great laps times!

will there be an R32 GTR race package also? and will it be any different without the shocks? i.e. is it the dampers and springs only that are different?

The stabilser bar rates are different, the camber and toe settings are, of course, different and the rear sub frame alignment settings are different also.

The R32GTR shocks and springs will be quite a while, they haven't even made a prototype yet.

:O cheers :D

PS; PM me if you like, I will let you know what the kit will be otherwise.

Hi folks,

apparently there are PM'ed group updates going out to GB purchasers on the status of their goods;

but I haven't received one.

Can anyone who received an update yesterday please PM me the contents of it; also, Gary,

when you send out a GB update if you cannot post the content here could you please post

that the update has been sent...

Regards,

Saliya

Hey SK

couple of quick questions on the whiteline package GB

1: can I use whiteline shocks instead of the Bilsteins- and how do they compaire

2: can I use the GB to get all the whiteline stuff without the shocks ?

Lastly – it looks like I can get the Whiteline stuff locally (in Brisbane) from my usual mechanic (whom I have given more than $15K to over the last 12 months BTW) at about the same prices you are getting from your GB. If there is a bug difference between the Bilstein and the whiteline shocks, can I just get the shocks. I assume YOU need to play with the valving tho – right ?

Let me know – when you can

Hi folks,

apparently there are PM'ed group updates going out to GB purchasers on the status of their goods;

but I haven't received one.

Can anyone who received an update yesterday please PM me the contents of it; also, Gary,

when you send out a GB update if you cannot post the content here could you please post

that the update has been sent...

Regards,

Saliya

Hi Saliya, PM sent and I have made sure that you are on the PM list.

:) Cheers :)

Hey SK

couple of quick questions on the whiteline package GB

1: can I use whiteline shocks instead of the Bilsteins- and how do they compaire

2: can I use the GB to get all the whiteline stuff without the shocks ?

Lastly – it looks like I can get the Whiteline stuff locally (in Brisbane) from my usual mechanic (whom I have given more than $15K to over the last 12 months BTW) at about the same prices you are getting from your GB. If there is a bug difference between the Bilstein and the whiteline shocks, can I just get the shocks. I assume YOU need to play with the valving tho – right ?

Let me know – when you can

Hi, Whiteline don't make shocks themselves, they use Koni or Bilstein in their kits. Noting that they don't have a Group 4 kit for Skylines yet. For Skylines, Whiteline use Bilsteins as they are the best engineering fit for Skyline suspension design and weight.

The valving I have specified is not the same as Whiteline, plus additonal circlip grooves are machined to give the variety of ride heights that I have chosen. This means I can specify all of the other parts/settings exactly to suite those ride heights.

I have specified the valving in the Group Buy Bilsteins to suite those ride heights, with bump stop dimensions and spring and stabiliser bar rates. I have also specified the alignment settings (inc rear sub frame) to suite those spring, shock and bar rates.

You can use whatever parts of the Group Buy you want, but you will only get the total result I have designed if you use all of the parts. The Group Buy kits are not a simple random selection of parts, I spent 3 months choosing and testing the various combinations. My target was a sporty, but not uncomfortable, ride and great handling. According to the 20 or so guys who already have kits, I have been pretty successful in meeting that target.

As I have said to a few of the guys, I don't make anything out of what you buy. Jamex paid me for the engineering months ago. So whether you buy or don't buy various bits doesn't really affect me. Other than the fact that I know you won't be getting the best out of mixing other parts in with the kit.

Hope that clarifies

Hey SK

what did I say – you sound offended !!!

don't get me wrong - I do plan to buy the full kit - all I wanted to know I suppose is if I buy the same whiteline part numbers from a different source - is that the same as this group buy.

I thought the only thing you had altered from the std whiteline kit where the socks - which I'm more than happy to get from you (Jamex)

So - does this mean that whiteline part number 120330 and 120340 are Bilstein shocks anyway

Also – if Jamex need to recoup the engineering effort back for you – that's fine with me too – I'm a team player – and I'm happy to pay a little more to get the right solution

just doing some checking – yes ?

Hey SK

what did I say – you sound offended !!!

don't get me wrong - I do plan to buy the full kit - all I wanted to know I suppose is if I buy the same whiteline part numbers from a different source - is that the same as this group buy.

I thought the only thing you had altered from the std whiteline kit where the socks - which I'm more than happy to get from you (Jamex)

So - does this mean that whiteline part number 120330 and 120340 are Bilstein shocks anyway

Also – if Jamex need to recoup the engineering effort back for you – that's fine with me too – I'm a team player – and I'm happy to pay a little more to get the right solution

just doing some checking – yes ?

It was bit late and after a long day when I wrote the previous post, maybe it was a bit blunt. I appologise if it came accross as harsh, I didn't mean it to. I will try my best to answer your questions;

Yes, Whiteline use Bilstein shocks for Skylines

As far as I know they are not revalved

Lately they haven't been adding extra circlip grooves either

As well as the revalving/extra grooves I have also specified different adjustment points on the adjustable stabiliser bars. So they start off as a standard Whiteline part number but with extra adjustment capability added during manufacture. This adds a bit of cost for Jamex, but it works so that they fit in with the rest of the kit, both parts and settings.

Other than that all of the other parts are standard Whiteline, although I have specified different settings based on my experiences with the various Skyline models.

I have tried to make the Group Buy as transparent as I can, I could have used secret codes to disguise the real part numbers, but the reality is the guys have a right to know what they are getting. Whiteline tell me that since the Group Buy started they have been getting a number of orders for Skyline parts (ones that are in the kit) that they don't normally sell. That tells me the Group Buy is working in that it is making people aware of the need for the complete approach to suspension. Not the simplistic "stick a set of Jap coil overs in and she'll be right mate" approach.

Hope that answered your questions.

:P cheers :(

Hi SK,

just curious about the suspension. When I got my r32 gtr imported it came with Bilstein shocks (yellow with bilstein written on it). I'm finding it too rough for Sydney roads. Is there more than one Bilstein shocks for the R32? or is what I have the same as the one in your group buy?

They look excatly like this one.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=93465

thanks

Michael

Edited by yaf28f

Hi SK,

just curious about the suspension. When I got my r32 gtr imported it came with Bilstein shocks (yellow with bilstein written on it). I'm finding it too rough for Sydney roads. Is there more than one Bilstein shocks for the R32? or is what I have the same as the one in your group buy?

They look excatly like this one.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=93465

thanks

Michael

The Japanese specify different valving in their Bilsteins, they like the rougher ride for some reason. I can get the valves changed for you to my (Australian) rates. Revalve usually costs about 1/2 what new shocks cost, as long as nothing is worn or damaged of course.

First you need to have a look at the spring rates, because that is more than likely 80% of the harshness. This thread will show you how to measure your springs and I will work out the springs rates for you.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=79157

:D cheers :(