SAU Community

R33 Gtr Bilstein & Whiteline Suspension

Sydneykid

Its just cost me $630 just to install front castor, front and rear camber and a wheel alighnment from heaseman steering.......:O (I suuplied the parts)

Cheers

And I installed the springs and shocks for nothing :)

How is it going?

:D cheers ;)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And I installed the springs and shocks for nothing :)

How is it going?

;) cheers :O

HI Sk,

:) Thanks for your help on the other day installing the shocks, they doing really good actually apart from I have to reajust the wheel alighnment tomorrow as it drifts to the left and have a over steering issue. so I will be going tomorrow morning back to heasemen steering after doing my night shift today:(. Let you know how it goes after that,

Shocks are handling my car really good:)

Cheers

Chinthana

Sorry all, I have been out of action for 3 days, somebody gave me a nice little virus. So the PM inbox filled up, but it has been cleared now. So if you couldn’t get a message though over the last couple of days, please try again.

For those that did get a PM in before the overflow, please be patient, I will get to them all sometime today (or tonight).

:laugh: Cheers :rant:

Sorry all, I have been out of action for 3 days, somebody gave me a nice little virus. So the PM inbox filled up, but it has been cleared now. So if you couldn’t get a message though over the last couple of days, please try again.

For those that did get a PM in before the overflow, please be patient, I will get to them all sometime today (or tonight).

;) Cheers :ninja:

Hi Gary, pm sent...............at last. :rofl: Stay well, holidays are really unhealthy you know. To be avoided, cost money. :P

Hi Gary, pm sent...............at last. :no: Stay well, holidays are really unhealthy you know. To be avoided, cost money. :(

Holiday, what holiday? My next one is October, going to Florida for a Space Shuttle launch, then to Vegas for the SEMA show.

:( cheers :)

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, my inbox is filling up faster than I can respond to the PM’s. I usually get 30 to 40 PM’s a day. With the current delay in delivery, that has increased to 40 to 50 per day and I just can’t keep up with that sort of volume. Particularly as some of the more technical PM’s take 10 to 15 minutes each to reply to and my available time has decreased dramatically for reasons which will become obvious shortly.

I feel that I need to “broadcast” a Group Buy update until I can clear the backlog of PM’s. Here is the current situation;

1. A little back ground first. As you may be aware Redranger and Whiteline merged a couple of months ago. The first step was a merger of Sales, Marketing and Distribution functions and Whiteline’s Minto premises were simply not large enough to accommodate this. So the premises adjacent to Redranger at Somersby were acquired and that was utilised for the larger, merged entity. Some people have taken this as a sign that Redranger “took over” Whiteline, when that is in fact not the case, it is a true merger.

The Whiteline manufacturing premises at Minto remain. More news on that shortly.

2. How this affects the Group Buys. Many of the products that I specified for the Group Buy Kits are unique, it is what makes the kits “work” better than any other Skyline suspension update. This uniqueness has been possible because of my knowledge of the systems within Whiteline (plus Bilstein, of course). The Redranger merger has disrupted that system and the “unique” (to the Group Buy) parts have not been flowing through as they had previously.

3. The good news. I have been working 14 hours a day, every day, for the last week, including yesterday (Saturday) helping to clear that backlog of orders. As a result, all of the Group Buy orders should be delivered this week. At this point I can’t tell you what day your individual order will be delivered. But as they flow through the system I will inform you of the con note numbers as soon as they are issued (the normal system).

In conclusion, I know you probably don’t care about the reasons, you just want your stuff and that is totally understandable. But I felt I had to give some background and let you know that I am working on clearing the backlog (personally as it happens) so that we can return to our previous prompt responses. Please hang off on the PM’s, I promise you that I haven’t skipped off to Brazil with your money. That your stuff will be delivered very shortly.

:) Cheers :(

Gary,

We all appreciate the amazing amount of work you do and the contribution you make to this forum. It would be very unreasonable for us to expect you to make this your full time job and shut down the rest of your life (personal & work) to accomodate us. Thanks for chasing this down and we understand that the parts will get here as soon as possible.

Tim

Gary,

We all appreciate the amazing amount of work you do and the contribution you make to this forum. It would be very unreasonable for us to expect you to make this your full time job and shut down the rest of your life (personal & work) to accomodate us. Thanks for chasing this down and we understand that the parts will get here as soon as possible.

Tim

Thanks Tim, I have been concerned during the last week that I haven't had time to respond to PM's. If people take the time to write, then I feel obliged to take the time and respond. In additon, they have trusted me and sent their money to Jamex, I have an obligation there as well.

Plus, there is more to this, good things that what will become obvious shortly.

:) Cheers :(

Gary. We need full set of springs and shocks for the race car GTS25T asap can you help? they have to be on the car by June 1st absolute latest. Sorry for the urgency but we found today that we have big problems with the Whiteline DMS set up we have on now. 1 shock rod snapped 3 weepy ones. I don't want to get them refurbished AGAIN as I'm not very happy with them, and, the springs are really more suited to a road car.

Should have checked the car BEFORE I put in the entry fee shouldn't I.

Gary. We need full set of springs and shocks for the race car GTS25T asap can you help? they have to be on the car by June 1st absolute latest. Sorry for the urgency but we found today that we have big problems with the Whiteline DMS set up we have on now. 1 shock rod snapped 3 weepy ones. I don't want to get them refurbished AGAIN as I'm not very happy with them, and, the springs are really more suited to a road car.

Should have checked the car BEFORE I put in the entry fee shouldn't I.

PM sent, we can do it, you will be there, can't have a Skyline miss a race meeting.

:blink: cheers :huh:

Got the parts last week and just had time to get the sway bars on before the trek down to DECA. Car handled much better and look forward to getting the camber/caster/sub alignment done this week.

One question. We set the sway bars at medium (both front and back). Is there any benefit to setting them stiffer or looser? I (think I) know that setting them differently front to back induced oversteer/understeer but wasn't sure what greater/lessor stiffness on both does.

Got the parts last week and just had time to get the sway bars on before the trek down to DECA. Car handled much better and look forward to getting the camber/caster/sub alignment done this week.

One question. We set the sway bars at medium (both front and back). Is there any benefit to setting them stiffer or looser? I (think I) know that setting them differently front to back induced oversteer/understeer but wasn't sure what greater/lessor stiffness on both does.

I usually start of with the front bar on full soft and the rear on the middle setting.

If it oversteers too much, then I move the front bar to the middle setting

If it still oversteers too much, then I back the rear bar off to the softest setting

If it still oversteers too much, then I move the front bar to the highest setting

If it still oversteers too much, then you might need some more rear camber and/or the HICAS is still working (get rid of it) and/or the rear subframe alignment kit needs to be set to maximum traction (squat)

I usually start of with the front bar on full soft and the rear on the middle setting.

If it understeers too much, then I move the rear bar to the highest setting

If it still understeers too much then you don't have enough caster/camber on the front

:D Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...
Its just cost me $630 just to install front castor, front and rear camber and a wheel alighnment from heaseman steering.......:stupid: (I suuplied the parts)

Cheers

It cost me that plus some (subframe kit as well) but they seemed to know what they were doing and suggested after a track day they would be happy if I bring it back for tweaking if necessary.

Have only had it on the street so far but the car feels amazingly better. Everything feels tighter and more precise. Two goes at Wakefield coming up in the next 2 month so I'm very keen to see how it does.

Gary - you making it to the club track day?

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to plug this group buy as excellent value and a fantastic performance upgrade.

I started originally with the stock suspension on a V Spec GTR. The ride was tired, harsh and uncontrolled over the Hong Kong roads which in many cases are concrete. I have had the full kit on for over a month now and I can't say enough good things about this set up. The ride has improved immensely and the handling is now contolled and confidence inspiring. The car is an absolute delight to drive and I can't wipe the smile of my face. :P:):(

I have very limited suspension knowledge and the mechanic I used had limited experience with this suspension upgrade but Sydneykid's patience and assistance allowed us to obtain a very pleasing result.

This kit will provide a quantum improvement in the ride and handling your Skyline.

Edited by Honky 33

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...