SAU Community

R33 Gtr Bilstein & Whiteline Suspension

Sydneykid

I have finished the engineering on the R33GTR and R33GTS4 suspension kits. There are quite a few differences in settings and parts selection, particularly shock absorber valving which needed a large number of changes. I have also included the often requested Dust Cover and Bump Stop kit, you only need it if you have to replace your broken, lost or worn out standard parts.

Skyline_Kit.jpg

Bilstein_Logo.jpg

The supply of R33GTR Bilsteins is also quite limited, so don't hesitate too long with taking up the Group Buy as they will all be gone. The next shipment is not due for at least 5 months.

R33GTR_Whiteline_Package.jpg

Please PM me with your order and post up any questions you may have on here. As it may answer other peoples questions at the same time. Fitting and alignment can be done at the following locations

Heasmans Sydenham NSW

East Coat Suspension Kirrawee NSW

St George Steering Punchbowl NSW

Centeline Thomastown Vic

Traction Tyre & Suspension Rowville Vic

Discount Tyres Service Belconnen Act

Motsons Qld

More fitting stations will be posted as they come to hand. Please note that the above fitting locations are workshops that I have used in the past, so I know that they can do the necessary work to the right standard and have the right equipment. No special prices or discounts apply, you can negotiate fitting cost and times directly. A full kit will take at least a whole day as the bushes in particular can be time consuming to fit.

:) cheers :D

PS; Shocks and springs are currently in stock, bushes and stabiliser bars are made to order. So delivery is ~10 days from time of order, all items are shipped via Toll Priority using their Off Peak service. Consignment note numbers will be provided at the time of shipping, so your order can be tracked via Toll.

Payment should be made in full to the bank account details at the bottom of the price list, the receipt number for internet banking is acceptable or a copy of the deposit slip for over the counter banking. Send them to me via PM.

Edited by Sydneykid

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the guys that are ordering the Bump Stop and Dust cover kit. You will have to trim the bump stops to suite the correct height that you are going to have your car set at. The dust cover clips ove the end of the bump stop stop so you have to trim the other end with a knife, be careful it is easy to slip and cut yourself.

This is a picture of what the bump stop and dust cover assembled would look like at higher than standard height;

Bump_Stop_Dust_Cover_Small.jpg

This is how much much to trim off the bump stop, shown next to a standard Skyline bump stop. The orange line is for standard height, the red line is for ~350 mm centre of wheel to guard and the yellow line is for ~330 mm centre of wheel to guard.

Bump_Stop_Comparison_With_Heights_Small.jpg

Note that standard height is 2 circlip grooves up from the standard circlip groove, ~350 mm is the standard circlip groove and 330 mm is 2/3 circlip grooves down from the standard groove. You can pick the standard groove as it has a yellow stripe accros it. Plus the circlip should be in that groove when you get the shocks.

If you are using the standard bump stops they also have to be trimmed if you are going lower than standard height. Not that you have to trim the thick part of the standard bump stop, not just cut off the little lump on the bottom. You will need a hack saw as the rubber is very tough. The red line (no trimming) is for standard height, the yellow line is for ~350 mm centre of wheel to guard and the orange line is for ~330 mm centre of wheel to guard.

Bump_Stop_Standard_Triming_Small.jpg

Hope that was of some help, if you have any questions please post them up here as it may answer other peoples queries as well

:D cheers ;)

Edited by Sydneykid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, there are only 2 sets of R33GTR Bilsteins left. As soon as they are sold Jamex will be closing the Group Buy on the R33GTR kit. We have no word from Germany as to when they will be making the next production run of R33GTR Bilsteins.

So if you are thinking about joining in, don't wait too long.

:) Cheers :)

Edited by Sydneykid

Apexi suspension still making me cry :) (hint)

So looking forward to real suspension and not losing fillings on the "fine" melbourne roads.

:)cheers:)

Don't strees Geoff, your Bislteins are safe and warm in my office. Just waiting on front springs, I'll give you an ETA later today.

;) cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I was advised of shipment Tuesday and Delivery occured Wednesday. No sweat on the delay as I already knew some items needed to be manufactured. A couple of items still to come but I now have the important items to smooth out my ride.

How am I feeling? Ecstatic!! What a great shock/spring setup. Massive increase in front grip on bumpy corners.

Thanks SK.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
SK,

What coil overs could you recommend with this package. I've been told PSS9 are a good option. Have you done a track setup yet?

PSS9's are OK for lots of track use and a little road use, in my opinion more suited to road use than 90% of the Jap coil over kits.

I have done a few height adjustable circuit kits and a couple of drag kits for guys, using revalved (non adjustable) Bilsteins. The guys were much happier knowing the Bilsteins had a wide window and didn't need them to be experts in choosing shock settings. PM me for details.

:no: Cheers :D

• 3 weeks later...