SAU Community

R33 Gtr Bilstein & Whiteline Suspension

Sydneykid

Hi,

I have read throgh the whole thread and I have some questions about this very interesting group buy.

Im looking to lower my GTR, but I want to have it as soft as possible. I have had other cars before with coilovers and they were allways to hard/firm. I wonder what springrate the whiteline springs are and which of the whitelines that is included in this package (control or flat out) ?

Anyone know the standard spring rate of the GTR (none V-Spec) ?

The bilstein shocks, how are they compaired to the standard shocks? 

Do I need camber correction when lowering the car with the whitelines ?

BR, Stefan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See notes below.

Cheers

Rob

Hi,

I have read throgh the whole thread and I have some questions about this very interesting group buy.

Im looking to lower my GTR, but I want to have it as soft as possible. I have had other cars before with coilovers and they were allways to hard/firm. I wonder what springrate the whiteline springs are and which of the whitelines that is included in this package (control or flat out) ?

Sorry don't which ones are fitted - I would suspect Control

My car came from Japan with some Teins - these are way too stiff for me! The Bilsteins fitted as part of this group buy are quite firm and sporty over normal roads but allow the car to glide over speed humps - pot holes etc. My daily drive is a 2007 XR6 - the Bilsteins feel firmer around town than the XR6 but the Bilsteins rides the bumps like the XR6.

After lowering the rear camber was too much - I fitted one set of KCA 347 to get the camber back to about -1deg.

I will have to look at the front camber soon as this is a little too much as well.

I would recommend you buy the bits from Whiteline and contact Gary Cook (SydneyKid) to purchase the Bilsteins - He has them valved to his specifications.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gary,

Is the group buy still available for R33GTR?

Is it possible with this setup to make it easily height adjustable? Something like a circuit kit for the shock.

If so would there be any real benefit in lowering the car for track work as all other suspension components would remain the same?

Thanks

Michael

See notes below.

Cheers

Rob

Hi,

Sorry don't which ones are fitted - I would suspect Control

My car came from Japan with some Teins - these are way too stiff for me! The Bilsteins fitted as part of this group buy are quite firm and sporty over normal roads but allow the car to glide over speed humps - pot holes etc. My daily drive is a 2007 XR6 - the Bilsteins feel firmer around town than the XR6 but the Bilsteins rides the bumps like the XR6.

After lowering the rear camber was too much - I fitted one set of KCA 347 to get the camber back to about -1deg.

I will have to look at the front camber soon as this is a little too much as well.

I would recommend you buy the bits from Whiteline and contact Gary Cook (SydneyKid) to purchase the Bilsteins - He has them valved to his specifications.

Thanx for the answers Blk33.

BR, Stefan

• 2 weeks later...