R34 Gtt Bilstein & Whiteline Suspension

Sydneykid

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so what's the total price of a set of shocks and springs to suit R34GTT delivered to Northgate SA 5085? And what are the payment methods? Too lazy to read back through all the posts.

The full Group Buy price list is on the first page;

R34GTT_Whiteline_Package.jpg

Nissan Skyline

R34GTT

73175 Front Springs $144.00

73176 Rear Springs $144.00

Front Bilstein Shocks $476.00

Rear Bilstein Shocks $476.00

Freight Zero

Sub Total $1,240.00

Less extra 5% $62.00

Total $1,178.00

:) cheers :D

Edited by Sydneykid

• 3 weeks later...
might need to double check the link :laugh:

and i still haven't forgotten bout my shocks :D i'm thinking i might do it in 2 stages now... springs/shocks... then the other stuff... that a stupid way of doing it?

Link fixed, thanks for the tip off.

Plenty of guys do it in stages, the only issue is camber change when you lower it with the springs and shocks. If you don't mind the possible increased tyre wear, then no other issues. Things to remember;

Stabiliser bars are the best bang for buck suspension upgrade you can make for improved handling.

Skylines NEVER have enough caster, that's why they wander at speed, are reluctant to turn in and have poor steering feel. Hence the need for adjustable caster (radius rod) bushes.

:D cheers :nyaanyaa:

Since the Gallery is still being upgraded, the price list picture isn't working, So following is a full kit price;

Nissan Skyline

R34GTT

73175 Front Springs $144.00

73176 Rear Springs $144.00

Front Bilstein Shocks $476.00

Rear Bilstein Shocks $476.00

BNF24Z Front adj stabiliser bar $219.00

BNR11XZ Rear adj stabiliser bar $219.00

KCA331 Caster Kit $115.00

KCA348 Front Camber kit $272.00

KCA347 Rear Camber Kit $123.00

KCA349 Rear Subframe alignment kit $105.00

W0921 Bump Stop & Dust Cover $102.00

Freight Zero

Sub Total $2,395.00

Less extra 5% $119.75

Total $2,275.25

:( Cheers :rant:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sydneykid, having done a few trackdays and things now, I want to dial out some of the understeer from the car and was thinking the best way was a bit more front neg camber. Just wondering - how much more can I get from the front camber kit (currently -1.5 at the standard circlip height) and can I get a quote for just the camber kit inc freight?

I've been using the rear swaybar set to its maximum stiffness setting and front set to a "medium" setting. I was thinking of running something in the order of -2.5 to -3 deg front camber for the next track day (then going back to about -1.5 for road use). With the current settings it's working the outside shoulders of the fronts pretty hard.

Thanks!!

Hey jmac, I liked your review and your pics! Just wondering: what ride height was that car at and what size are your rims?

And to confirm you purchased the: shocks, springs, castor kit, front and rear swaybars? If so what castor are you running on the front now?

Ride height is about 350mm front and rear - the standard circlip height on the Bilsteins.

The black rims in the sig below are 17s, the silver Nismo ones in the pics are 18s.

I purchased everything except the camber kits as I wasn't planning to run a particularly low ride height. I'm now after more front neg camber but just for track use. The rear tyres have a fair bit of camber wear on them (-1.5 deg rear) but I got 20,000km out of them so I'm happy.

With the caster kit we got it out to 7.5 deg. Car turns much better but tramlines a little more; it definitely changes the steering feel.

Hi Sydneykid, having done a few trackdays and things now, I want to dial out some of the understeer from the car and was thinking the best way was a bit more front neg camber. Just wondering - how much more can I get from the front camber kit (currently -1.5 at the standard circlip height) and can I get a quote for just the camber kit inc freight?

I've been using the rear swaybar set to its maximum stiffness setting and front set to a "medium" setting. I was thinking of running something in the order of -2.5 to -3 deg front camber for the next track day (then going back to about -1.5 for road use). With the current settings it's working the outside shoulders of the fronts pretty hard.

Thanks!!

Hi, you should be able to get it to around 2.5 degrees negative (remember every car is different).

KCA348 Front Camber kit $272.00

Freight $5.00

Total $277.00

Payment Required at Time of Order

Account Name Jamex Australia

Bank StGeorge Bank

BSB 332-086

Account No 551029694

PM me the transfer receipt number and we are underway.

Please don't forget to send me full name and address for the order plus a contact phone number for the courier in case they need directions or instructions if no one is home.

Bushes are usually in stock at Whiteline

Delivery is via Toll priority and usually takes 1-2 working days to anywhere in Australia.

I will PM you the con note number as soon as Jamex issues it that way you can track the delivery on the Toll web site.

:rofl: cheers :ban:

Edited by Sydneykid

Gary,

How hard is it to fit the rear camber kit and front caster kit by yourself? I'm planning to adjust the height of my car to 350mm front and 340mm rear, so if I've read right I should only really need one rear camber kit as front camber should be approximate 1.5 negative wasn't it?

And are the swaybars a pretty easy job to do? Is an allignment needed afterwards? I plan to get these two later on.

So what would be total cost for:

1x rear camber kit

1x front caster kit

1x subframe allignment kit (these are the pineapple rings yes?)

Delivered to NSW 2177?

Oh and how much are the non-adjustbale swaybars?

Thanks Gary,

Andy

Gary,

1. How hard is it to fit the rear camber kit and front caster kit by yourself?

2. I'm planning to adjust the height of my car to 350mm front and 340mm rear, so if I've read right I should only really need one rear camber kit as front camber should be approximate 1.5 negative wasn't it?

3. And are the swaybars a pretty easy job to do?

4. Is an allignment needed afterwards? I plan to get these two later on.

5. So what would be total cost for:

1x rear camber kit

1x front caster kit

1x subframe allignment kit (these are the pineapple rings yes?)

Delivered to NSW 2177?

6. Oh and how much are the non-adjustbale swaybars?

Thanks Gary,

Andy

Hi Andy, lots of questions;

1. If you have a 10 tonne press, it’s very easy. Most guys remove the rear upper control arms (all 4) and the front radius rods (2) and take them to their local workshop to have the old rubber bushes pressed out and the new adjustable polyurethane ones pressed in ($50 or so usually covers it). Then they refit them and take it along for a wheel alignment

2. Yep

3. Simple DIY job

4. After fitting stabiliser bars? No. After fitting caster and camber bushes? Yes.

5. I don’t have my price list with me, I will work it out exactly tonight and PM you. If the order is over $500 delivery is free.

6. Adjustable stabiliser bars are $219 each and fixed rate bars are $194 each

:mellow: Cheers :mellow:

Still haven't heard from you so PM just sent. :)

PM sent this morning. Sorry late night last night, too much to do and not enough time.

Some days I get 30 or so PM's, and I respond to every single one. Unfortunately not always the same day.

:D cheers :)

Edited by Sydneykid

• 1 month later...

how much for a caster kit and camber kit? If you could itemized it that will be great. Thanks buddy its for a 260rs.

one question, i got a aftermarket springs i think and stock suspension. Will it be advisible just to change the shock to blistein?

Edited by stasis

how much for a caster kit and camber kit? If you could itemized it that will be great. Thanks buddy its for a 260rs.

one question, i got a aftermarket springs i think and stock suspension. Will it be advisible just to change the shock to blistein?

PM sent

:P cheers :D

"advice: if you're taking out coilovers to put in the bilsteins, you'll need some strut tops, they don't come in the kits with the bilsteins and if you don't have your original ones then you might wind up like me who has to wait another day to get it installed!!!! "

SK - Whats this strut top he mentions ?

Edited by Manwh0re

Coilovers:

post-17890-1153312812.jpg

...have top caps that look like this:

post-17890-1153312788.jpg

...which you can't fit to the Bilsteins when they come, because they need the original black strut caps from the stock suspension:

post-17890-1153312844.jpg

.....which look kinda like this:

post-17890-1153312860.jpg

Does that mean we have to go out and source one ?

SK : Any ideas where I can easily obtain one and how much except a wrecker...