SAU Community

Need Help Selecting And Electronic Boost Controlle

frankdonato

hi everyone

am looking to get an electronic boost controller but would like some guidance in what to get abd what features to look for.

i dont want anything fancy or complicated. i looked at the turbosmart e-boost2 and it looks all too hard - i just want to set 2 or 3 boost settings and be done with it.

any suggestions?

I have a DSBC. I upgraded from a SSBC.

These are the predessesors to the SBC Spec S and SBC Spec R respectively.

I found the dual solenoid to be significantly better. I would recommend that one. If I was buying new I would buy the blitz dual solenoid model, which is NOT SPEC S. The dual model is Spec R.. Spec S is single!

When installing it make sure you have all hoses as short as possible and if your car isn't tuned for boost check the settings on the dyno!

I have the DSBC spec R as mentioned above

dual solonoid holds boost perfectly and it has 4 files to set boost and gain...

I drive it daily with the ebc turned off and turn it on when I want to run 10psi

You can pick them up pretty cheaply now and may be a more cost effective option than some of the newer offerings... it doesn't have a nice flashy screen but then again it is easier to hide;)

Just thought i would put some input for apexi

Hay mate i just brought an avc-r and it is total sweet. You can fully control you ramp speed, which allows you to have full control over your boost. It boost very fast and if it overshoots it is only by 0.02 of a bar, which is bugger all in the big picture. I got mine of gR33ddy it was $660 delivered and is black, which blends in with the rest of the surroundings in the car. I wired it all up my self very very hung over and was quite simple if you have a little bit of mechanical and electrical knowledge you too will find it simple and rewarding.

Hope this helps.

If you need assistance in installing it (if you get one) PM me.

Boz

Someonestolecc is spot on. The Blitz TwinSBC is real easy, & it just works. Button goes in...high boost. Button goes out...low boost. Homer Simpson could operate it.

MrZac is selling one, snap it up. I'm wishing I hadn't sold mine to cc now ! :)

What about the new I colour from blitz? At first I thought it was a gimmic for more $$$ but reading a short blurb on it it supposedly comes with functions to show water temp/ oil temp/ oil pressure/ fuel pressure and a/f ratio? If it controls boost effectively as well the price tag doesnt seem too bad.

Yeah Blitz DSBC/SBC Type R, Greddy Profec B1 or Profec B2 would be the ones I'll get.

ProfecB1 if you're especially after simplicity, just wire it up and adjust the knobs. One for Hi boost, one for Low boost and the other one to control gain.

ProfecB2 is very similar to the DSBC although DSBC has 4 settings where as B2 only has 3. Both have gain control, display real-time boost with peak & warning function, twin/two solenoids.

I'd get one of those 3 if I had the money. :ph34r: Haha turbotech MBC for me.