SAU Community

Rb26dett Cams Std Turbos

rob82

ronin09 has tomei poncams w standard turbos. i'm sure it's been done plenty of times. I have adjustable cam gears on mine with standard turbos also. i found a similar gain by adjusting them (around 30rwkw). both our cars are running at ~250rwkw.

just under 14psi for me. cams are standard cams with an hour or two spent adjusting both inlet and exhaust cam timing.

from memory ronin has the 260/260 duration Tomei poncams (9.5mm lift?). also running around 14psi.

interestingly i was just comparing our two dyno graphs. my peak was 253kw as was ronins (though we tuned a bit further and ended up with 247 peak, but more mid range torque).

Comparing at points along the graph it's interesting to see that ronin has just a few more kw's at each point but the shape of the graphs are virtually identical. interesting that two different set-ups tuned at different places ended up with near identical figures, and identical curves!

interestingly i was just comparing our two dyno graphs. my peak was 253kw as was ronins (though we tuned a bit further and ended up with 247 peak, but more mid range torque).

Comparing at points along the graph it's interesting to see that ronin has just a few more kw's at each point but the shape of the graphs are virtually identical. interesting that two different set-ups tuned at different places ended up with near identical figures, and identical curves!

I'm slow in the uptake today.

what he said. 260 / 260 9.15

I wouldn't expect too much gain on stockers, apart from boost coming on a little lower - BB - I don't have plot of PSI vs power, but can you compare where boost / power ramp ups are between the two graphs.

They will help breathe alot better with some slightly larger twins.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• So I’m having issues with my power steering. the obvious heavy and light and comes on and off randomly now it’s constantly heavy. I’ve read through forums regarding this issue and what I’ve gather is that it’s referring to hicas deletion. That’s the problem mine didn’t come with hicas.    I’ve rebuilt the steering rack, pump, changed the bent hardline on the rack and taken out the solenoid to clean and loosen up the actuator, applied 12v to get it moving. Roughly checked the loom to see if there’s any damage to the loom and nothing. Now I’m checking the wiring. I’ve tested the wiring to the solenoid and it’s fluctuating between 0.07v to 0.03v. Does anyone know what it’s supposed to be reading? 5v? Anyone one know how this all works? Is there a fuse in between? What else is it connected to? How does it connect to the speed sensor? A resistor fried in the ecu? Please help. It’s been years Thanks in advance 
    • that's pretty good condition, those chips are nothing. Get a mobile repairer to sort it out. Nice wheels, I had white 17's on my GT-R once, looked nice.
    • Found a car that has kiki desing wheels on it with diffrent plates that match a 2008 model when clearly it's not white  
    • Howdy friends, So this evening I had a need to remove the rear compressor turbo pipe (long story, but I'm replacing it due to a bolt snapping off in the pipe and managing to then snap an extraction bit in the broken bolt, fun times -_-). The rear bolt is a bit of a bastard and very little room to get good leverage. I was able to get a 12 mm socket onto the bolt head, but none of my ratchets were able to fit, so I put together a "stubby" socket wrench to get it out and it worked surprisingly well 🙂. In the past I've "made" tools by cutting down spanners and bending them with a torch etc, but this 3D printed wrench was way less effort. I'll be keeping this one in my "special tool draw" from now on for sure ^_^b https://www.printables.com/model/868973-half-inch-stubby-socket-wrench
    • It looks even better in Person