SAU Community

Claims With Just Car Insurance

harryg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to know how they deal with imports and modifications when it comes to Paying. Do they come back and say stuff like the modifications are illegal, so policy is void. no money for you. Even though when calculating the premium you tell them about all the modifications.

Yeh i need to know that shut aswell.

I am with justcar full comp, but stock r33 gts-25t.

now i want to whack an exhaust system on it, and even pod filter or airbox filter. And i need to know whats legal illegal, or barley legal and if they will pay for it.

Im from NSW - whast the story there? pod filters are no go? But how can so mnay ppl have them then and have insured cars?

i need help quick because im going on sat to get stuff put in!!

THanks guys

Just Cars lets you have unlimited mods as long as you tell them what mods have been done.

My brother made a successful claim with them on his Soarer which had 18inch chromies and an electronic boost controller. They payed up although they did put him through a ton of paperwork and he had to repeatedly chase them up which he was starting to get pissed off about.

But in the end they payed :P

Just Cars lets you have unlimited mods as long as you tell them what mods have been done.

My brother made a successful claim with them on his Soarer which had 18inch chromies and an electronic boost controller. They payed up although they did put him through a ton of paperwork and he had to repeatedly chase them up which he was starting to get pissed off about.

But in the end they payed :P

They let you have unlimited "legal" mods.

An electronic boost controller is illegal. I'd recommend taking your EBC off before they get to see the car in future. Your brother was pretty lucky i guess.

i'm dealing with them at the moment.. got rear-ended about 3 weeks ago, so i was going to let it go through the other persons insurance, but RACQ was dicking me around something shocking (other person was insured through them, and because i wasn't with RACQ, they basically couldn't give 2 stuffs about me and treated me like crap, even though it was THEIR driver at fault)

I got the car assessed on the friday, and was told i would have an answer either that afternoon or saturday, giving me the go-ahead for repairs... tuesday the following week i still hadn't heard anything, so i called them and they gave me this dribble about the report having to be snail-mailed, blah blah, so i called just cars (My insurance company) and told them to sort it out, so now the claim is going through them, and since then its been generally pain-free (it went in on monday to get repaired)

I've dealt with them before (animal ran on road in front of me, i swerved and missed the animal, but smacked the gutter/pole), and that was fine as well, no dramas with them

make sure all the mods are listed, and that they are LEGAL (they will not cover you if you have illegal mods)

i'm dealing with them at the moment.. got rear-ended about 3 weeks ago, so i was going to let it go through the other persons insurance, but RACQ was dicking me around something shocking (other person was insured through them, and because i wasn't with RACQ, they basically couldn't give 2 stuffs about me and treated me like crap, even though it was THEIR driver at fault)

I got the car assessed on the friday, and was told i would have an answer either that afternoon or saturday, giving me the go-ahead for repairs... tuesday the following week i still hadn't heard anything, so i called them and they gave me this dribble about the report having to be snail-mailed, blah blah, so i called just cars (My insurance company) and told them to sort it out, so now the claim is going through them, and since then its been generally pain-free (it went in on monday to get repaired)

I've dealt with them before (animal ran on road in front of me, i swerved and missed the animal, but smacked the gutter/pole), and that was fine as well, no dramas with them

make sure all the mods are listed, and that they are LEGAL (they will not cover you if you have illegal mods)

And what modifications are legal again???

i called justcar yesterday regarding my planned exhaust system upgrade and the podfilter question.

They told me that u can "put unlimited legal modifications"

my next question, what is legal?"

they told me they are bound by law NOT TO TELL US what is legal, and that we would have to independantly talk to the RTA (NSW) and check.

They were very clear about the fact they CANNOT TELL THE CUSTOMER what is, and what isnot legal in regard to insurance polcies and coverage.

Convienient that a insurance compy cannot tell us what we can have on our cars? and then void a policy on that crucial information.

Convienient that a insurance compy cannot tell us what we can have on our cars? and then void a policy on that crucial information.

Quick, grab the tinfoil hat!

Its nothing to do with it being "convenient", its to do with them covering their arse. They are not the regulatory body and for them to say "X, Y or Z is legal" makes them liable.

con·ven·ient ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kn-vnynt)

adj.

Suited or favorable to one's comfort, purpose, or needs: a convenient time to receive guests; a convenient excuse for not going.

I back my choice of words!

But true lwells, they are not the rule makers, just the rule benefit of our money-ers. hahha

So does any one know where or how we can obtain a list of legal and illegal mods?

That would be a sweet ass piece of paper to look over

I had a claim very recently with them, my car was stolen and recovered, and someone responsible was arrested.

I had to wait 3 months for the full blalance to be paid. Be extremely persistant with them, as they tend to let things slide a bit if given any slack.

The assessors had the car for over 3 weeks before they finally wrote it off, being more concerned with minor details like "did the car have windows or wheels before it was stolen" wtf? The modifications appeared to be the least they were concerned with, they focussed on had the car been secured and where was my receipt for the immobiliser (which I had) and trying to prove my car was a complete wreck when it was stolen (which it wasn't!)

If you encounter any trouble, contact the Insurance ombudsman he will direct you what to do, and may even put you in contact with the head of AAMI who sorted my troubles instantly, if you get anyone else but him on the line INSIST you need to speak to him only!

They witheld the excess for an extremely long time, even though charges had been laid within 2 weeks of my car being recovered, it took the detective in charge to be contacted...even after AAMI said they had called the police and been told nobody had been caught in relation to the theft (bullshit)

BE PERSISTANT!!!

Especially when *they* say you were driving this the whole time prior to the theft

damagedR34.jpg

maybe because there commercials and advertising concentrates on the best deals for younger drivers with imports. why would such a great company charge a 21 year old $5,500 for insurance per year??? As an above post said they only care about themselves and see people like us as easy targets. i have had 3 estimates from them for 3 totally different cars and the people have been rude and not willing to negotiate. i just hate dealing with them and every one of their ads makes me angry

ive never made a claim with just cars, but there not too badly priced on annual full cover, and atleast they will cover younger drivers with turbos ;)

nuthin worse than some uninsured person running into ya car and then trying to get the money out of the person :D

i was told if its stolen i gotta pay the first $2500 of the total B)

anyone else had bad comments on just cars can u PM me with details :)

thanks

Brad

A great deal of the trouble is down to the assessors, which are in fact a private company..and get paid based on the percentage of money they can save Just Cars (hence the insinuations most of my car was already damaged and they didn't have to repair most of it!). The other problem is they are underwritten by AAMI, so you get lots of intra-company red-tape slowing things