SAU Community

Remote Start Keeps Trying

Ruffels

ohk just had my new alarm installed yesterday... however the remote start keeps trying to start the car after it turns it on

i was told that i will have to wrapp te wire around one of the coil packs and it would fit it.. and i did this... however the problem is still happening

does anyone have any ideas?

-Ruffels

mm i didnt think so

i was told that the electromagnetic field produced from the coilpacks would induce a current (which makes sence, hence flux) in the wire and indicate to the alarm that the engine is on and to disscontine trying to start the car

however a friend who installed his own alarm in his cressida said he connected his remote start to his tacho wire

i am thoughrly confused right about now

and im just wondering if anyone with an r33 has remote start as part of thier alarm.. and if so how they overcame this

-Ruffels

R33 is behind the dash - yel/red on a S1 not sure what it is on a S2. do you own a multimeter and KNOW how to use it?

if no - pay a shop. you can wipe out a LOT of electrics on that car if you are not careful teh ECU bing one of them.

yup... i own a multimeter and i know how to use it :)

i cant be f***'d pulling the dash out so hopefully it comes down in the section of the loom that is accessable from under the steering collum

so i'll keep my eye out for a yellow and red wire cheers

-Ruffels

you dont have to drop the dash just to get to the tacho sense wire, the easiest solution would be to run the wire into the passengers kick trim and connect it to the ECU, from memory it is pin 7 from the ECU but i would check that first

Google is your friend, do a search for R33 ECU pinouts and im sure you will find the correct wire

Its obviously keeps tryin to start because the alarm isnt sensing any input to stop the module from cranking

you were able with the old style remote start alarms to wrap the sense wire around one of the ignition leads goin to the coil but this cant b done with the new style alarms

ohk... all fixed

thanks to Kris (krsysui) i managed to locate the tacho wire from the ECU

for all r33 boys its yellow with blue stripe.. both S1 and S2 so i dont know where you got the idea of yellow/red chris rogers... but thanks anyways

i took the wire and spliced into the tacho wire and the problem is now fixed :P

thanks all

-Ruffels