SAU Community

A1 Grand Prix At Eastern Creak

igor

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if this weekends Brands Hatch Round is being covered at all by TV??

I love the set-up for the A1.

For those that don't know - its 25 countries competiting (Including Australia).

Qualifying is done in four 15min sessions where every car has to perform 1 flying lap (and 1 only) in each of the 15 min sessions and final qualifying is determined by the agregate of the best 2 lap times of the 4 posted for each driver.

The race is split up into 2 races. Firstly a standing start race with the order based upon qualifying. Then a second race which has a rolling start with the starting order determined by finishing order from race 1.

Both races score points and its on a 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 scale.

Given all 25 entrants are in identical cars, and given the format I can't see how it won't be sucessfull.

Still no idea who is racing for Oz in Round 1 but I hope it's one of the Wil's. And as I said - hope its on TV!

All races will be live on Foxsports. Brands Hatch starts at 10pm sunday night on Foxports 2.

I will be going to watch at EC. All i want to see is some passing moves and i will be happy :)

Edit - Mr Snowman i believe Will Power and Christian Jones :D are the aussie drivers for the first race.

Edited by Flaps

All races will be live on Foxsports. Brands Hatch starts at 10pm sunday night on Foxports 2.

I will be going to watch at EC. All i want to see is some passing moves and i will be happy :)

Edit - Mr Snowman i believe Will Power and Christian Jones :blink:  are the aussie drivers for the first race.

Which area would be good to see some passing? :)

You know what, I've never been to a race meeting I wasn't racing at, but this I think I will head to.

Can't wait to see it, I love single make racing. I hope it really snots F1 globally, and well done to these guys getting it off the ground when everyone thought it was a joke.

Now, 1 problem....I don't have pay tv....can anyone record and rip it?

You know what, I've never been to a race meeting I wasn't racing at, but this I think I will head to.

Can't wait to see it, I love single make racing.  I hope it really snots F1 globally, and well done to these guys getting it off the ground when everyone thought it was a joke.

Now, 1 problem....I don't have pay tv....can anyone record and rip it?

Just go and convince a sports bar or something to tune in to it :rolleyes:

A quick search on www.tvguide.com.au shows:

Sunday, 25 September, 2005

FOX Sports 2 (12)

10pm A1 Grand Prix From the UK.

Tuesday, 27 September, 2005

FOX Sports 2 (12)

9pm A1 Grand Prix From the UK.

Wednesday, 28 September, 2005

FOX Sports 1 (11)

11.30am A1 Grand Prix From the UK.

Thursday, 29 September, 2005