Mr-Toy33

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hehe yeah, I love it when people compare skylines to supra's and forget that a supra can make 500rwkw (dyno dynamics) with a standard bototm end and *ANY* model skyline would need a complete rebuild to get even close to that number, it is funny though, and it always will be funny people comparing like the MINES skyline with a normal skyline, kinda like comparing a Nissan Micra with a Nissan Skyline, I mean, if you put $500,000 into the micra, im sure it would be fast also. http://www.to4r.com/

The Supra problem is quite simple, it is 2wd and yet weighs the same as a 4wd GTR. So they will never be comparable, the GTR wins easily on traction. If you compare the Supra with a GTST the GTST wins because they are 250 kgs lighter.

The other notable issue is not the inside of a 2JZ, it's all the CRAP stuff on the outside. For example it's a doddle to get 600 bhp out of a standard RB26 exhaust manifold, no chance with a standard 2JZ exhaust manifold. It's a piece of cake to get 500 bhp out of a standard GTR intercooler. try that with a standard Supra intercooler. GTR's regulary run low 9's on road radials with a standard inlet manifold/plenum, like hell that's gunna happen with the standard Supra rubbish. Shall I get into diff's? Fancy a turbo comparison?

You gotta look at the big picture, not just the up and down bits. If you spend the same amount of money on a GTR it will always be faster than a Supra with the same amount of money spent on it, who cares where the money is spent.

:) cheers :D

Thats what i love about Mine's tuning style

The engine bay looks near on stock and it makes 600ps!

Love the stock air box too!

my car also uses the stock airbox.

:lol: :lol:

sydneykid makes alot of sense

however id still love to have a drive of another variant of a 6cyl turbo besides the nissan

Sydney kid, you are really strange indeed... some of your comments actually fried my mind.

"The Supra problem is quite simple, it is 2wd and yet weighs the same as a 4wd GTR. So they will never be comparable, the GTR wins easily on traction."

Now, that comment is pretty unusual to start with, now, the RZ-S TT Supra is 1490kg, has a wider wheel base, and comes with 9.5" width tyres.

Sure, the GTR will win with traction at 280ps, but how about at 800ps? is 4WD an advantage, or massive disadvantage?, I mean, the worlds fastest street tyre

supra is 7.90 at 180mph, and people have no problems on the track, the Japanese sure didnt in the GT series. Look at GTR-700 for example, he has spent enough

money on that car to buy a few houses, and he still cant break a 7, heck, he cant even drive his own car, and claims the RB26 to be the best production engine

ever, even though his doesnt even resemble the item that was produced in the factory.

"If you compare the Supra with a GTST the GTST wins because they are 250 kgs lighter."

That comment is just mentally retarded, the lightest GTST is the R32 which is 1320kg, not 1240kg, and also makes no power at all, has no torque, and has very

little room for power upgrades, of course, without spending 8 times the value of the car.

"The other notable issue is not the inside of a 2JZ, it's all the CRAP stuff on the outside. For example it's a doddle to get 600 bhp out of a standard RB26 exhaust manifold, no chance with a standard 2JZ exhaust manifold. It's a piece of cake to get 500 bhp out of a standard GTR intercooler. try that with a standard Supra intercooler."

Now, that is interesting indeed, a T4 turbo manifold for the 2JZ-GTE starts at $600, that isnt a very big upgade, and, also to note, there are several peopl ethat have broken into the 10 second bracket on the standard twin turbo setup in the states, and they have also produced 550 genuine hp. The GTR cooler is quite a gem indeed, but, the stock Supra one will hold 400hp without any issue, you do realise it is 135mm deep? and also, what does an upgade cooler cost these days... $1000 fitted, tops, unless of course, you are you and get ripped off.

"GTR's regulary run low 9's on road radials with a standard inlet manifold/plenum, like hell that's gunna happen with the standard Supra rubbish. Shall I get into diff's? Fancy a turbo comparison?"

GTR's dont regulary run in the low 9 second bracket period, they also dont use the standard inlet manifold, and they also dont use the standard 'plenum', or pistons, or rods, or turbos, or injectors, or rarely intercooler, or rear diff, or clutch, or standard driveshaft, supra's however, do regulary run in the 9 second bracket with the standard gearbox, standard rear end, standard diff, oh hang on, im speaking shit? www.wotm.com woops, looks like I wasnt.

And, as I mentioned above, 7.90 at 180mph, street tyres, no Skyline has even run 7.90 yet, not even HKS's 1100kg shell that doesnt even resemble a GTR.

"You gotta look at the big picture, not just the up and down bits. If you spend the same amount of money on a GTR it will always be faster than a Supra with the same amount of money spent on it, who cares where the money is spent."

I did look at the big picture, a 1995 Supra with bigger brakes than the GTR costs $5000 less than a 1995 model R33 GTR, now, you do realise that 1000hp on an internally standard engine isnt uncommon for the 2JZ-GTE right?, I mean, you have been to www.to4r.com havent you ? I am sure you have, as you have seen the bigger picture, as I did, now, $10,000 later, I have 447rwkw, and I even had enough money for an ORC Twin plate carbon fibre clutch.

How much does an RB26 cost that will hold 1000hp?, well, I would say *AT* least $10,000, now, with $15,000 on top of the Supra, just because people for some reason want the GTR more ($5000 more infact), you dont have much left to go before you go "oh hang on, I have almost spent the amount of the car, just to make reliable, big horsepower."

Lacking education isnt your fault, it is everybody elses fault, it isnt your fault you didnt know about www.to4r.com, www.sound-performance.com, www.horsepowerfreaks.com, www.wotm.com, www.sp-power.com, hey, it isnt even your fault you missed out on the strongest, and one of the best looking cars to ever come out of japan, it isnt even your fault you dont own one, hey, maybe you just dont care about price vs performance.

I mean, back to the topic of that comparison, if you go to http://www.webamuse.co.jp/jza80_list.html and also remember how he said "this power upgrade only costs 500,000 yen (under $6000), it makes you feel kinda sick in the stomach when you go to the http://www.mines-wave.com/ and notice that a built engine on it's own is 1,890,000 yen ($21,511 AUD).

I mean, that setup there costs 4,611,130 yen = $52,527 and only makes 600ps, that isnt even the machine they showed in their clip, I wonder how much it would cost to replicate the one they actually used?

Dont get me wrong, I like Skylines, I have had 3 now, but, the Supra is just a better performance machine from the factory, hey, 1520rwhp by Marko is better than any of the GTR's to date, sure, it is 3.4 litres, but who's counting.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

as said before it wasent a shoot out ... people like to turn it into that... blimey

now can some one confirm that mines r34 is for sale ... i heard of a gtr blowfly that its actually here in Aus and is for sale for around the 150 mark ?

you have to give it to that old proffesser niikura and the response angle he keeps babbling about plus his shops strict policies of maintaining factory parts ... after doing hours of aftermarket browsing that car changed how i thought ... Pure filth!!! my instant fav

How fast does your 447kw supra go down the quarter? Timed it yet?

Its funny what big numbers the supra boys have, both on the dyno, then somehow, on the quarter too.

I love supras, I think they look sexier than GTR's, but for me (only having owned a na supra, so not gonna compare performance I have actually sat in, but have seen alot of results) the GTR is the race car, the supra picks up chicks.

The other comparison is.

Carsales at the moment, I am seeing TT manual Supras for around 28-33k with a few light mods, mostly pretty stuff. 25-30k, some very big power GTR's. With the supras looking nothing short of sex. They are for different things. The supra always wins when parked out the front of a club(trust me :) ), the GTR wins when hammering home from work late at night(trust me ;) )

I'll own both one day.

man there are to many drag racing poofs here

800hp supra or 800hp skyline on a circuit

ill tell ya who wins

and its not the supra

lol

drag racing poofs

and yes ive driven both but of the 400 hp variety

Edited by fatz

Sydney kid, you are really strange indeed... some of your comments actually fried my mind.

"The Supra problem is quite simple, it is 2wd and yet weighs the same as a 4wd GTR. So they will never be comparable, the GTR wins easily on traction."

Now, that comment is pretty unusual to start with, now, the RZ-S TT Supra is 1490kg, has a wider wheel base, and comes with 9.5" width tyres.

Sure, the GTR will win with traction at 280ps, but how about at 800ps? is 4WD an advantage, or massive disadvantage?, I mean, the worlds fastest street tyre

supra is 7.90 at 180mph, and people have no problems on the track, the Japanese sure didnt in the GT series. Look at GTR-700 for example, he has spent enough

money on that car to buy a few houses, and he still cant break a 7, heck, he cant even drive his own car, and claims the RB26 to be the best production engine

ever, even though his doesnt even resemble the item that was produced in the factory.

"If you compare the Supra with a GTST the GTST wins because they are 250 kgs lighter."

That comment is just mentally retarded, the lightest GTST is the R32 which is 1320kg, not 1240kg, and also makes no power at all, has no torque, and has very

little room for power upgrades, of course, without spending 8 times the value of the car.

"The other notable issue is not the inside of a 2JZ, it's all the CRAP stuff on the outside. For example it's a doddle to get 600 bhp out of a standard RB26 exhaust manifold, no chance with a standard 2JZ exhaust manifold. It's a piece of cake to get 500 bhp out of a standard GTR intercooler. try that with a standard Supra intercooler."

Now, that is interesting indeed, a T4 turbo manifold for the 2JZ-GTE starts at $600, that isnt a very big upgade, and, also to note, there are several peopl ethat have broken into the 10 second bracket on the standard twin turbo setup in the states, and they have also produced 550 genuine hp. The GTR cooler is quite a gem indeed, but, the stock Supra one will hold 400hp without any issue, you do realise it is 135mm deep? and also, what does an upgade cooler cost these days... $1000 fitted, tops, unless of course, you are you and get ripped off.

"GTR's regulary run low 9's on road radials with a standard inlet manifold/plenum, like hell that's gunna happen with the standard Supra rubbish. Shall I get into diff's? Fancy a turbo comparison?"

GTR's dont regulary run in the low 9 second bracket period, they also dont use the standard inlet manifold, and they also dont use the standard 'plenum', or pistons, or rods, or turbos, or injectors, or rarely intercooler, or rear diff, or clutch, or standard driveshaft, supra's however, do regulary run in the 9 second bracket with the standard gearbox, standard rear end, standard diff, oh hang on, im speaking shit? www.wotm.com woops, looks like I wasnt.

And, as I mentioned above, 7.90 at 180mph, street tyres, no Skyline has even run 7.90 yet, not even HKS's 1100kg shell that doesnt even resemble a GTR.

"You gotta look at the big picture, not just the up and down bits. If you spend the same amount of money on a GTR it will always be faster than a Supra with the same amount of money spent on it, who cares where the money is spent."

I did look at the big picture, a 1995 Supra with bigger brakes than the GTR costs $5000 less than a 1995 model R33 GTR, now, you do realise that 1000hp on an internally standard engine isnt uncommon for the 2JZ-GTE right?, I mean, you have been to www.to4r.com havent you ? I am sure you have, as you have seen the bigger picture, as I did, now, $10,000 later, I have 447rwkw, and I even had enough money for an ORC Twin plate carbon fibre clutch.

How much does an RB26 cost that will hold 1000hp?, well, I would say *AT* least $10,000, now, with $15,000 on top of the Supra, just because people for some reason want the GTR more ($5000 more infact), you dont have much left to go before you go "oh hang on, I have almost spent the amount of the car, just to make reliable, big horsepower."

Lacking education isnt your fault, it is everybody elses fault, it isnt your fault you didnt know about www.to4r.com, www.sound-performance.com, www.horsepowerfreaks.com, www.wotm.com, www.sp-power.com, hey, it isnt even your fault you missed out on the strongest, and one of the best looking cars to ever come out of japan, it isnt even your fault you dont own one, hey, maybe you just dont care about price vs performance.

I mean, back to the topic of that comparison, if you go to http://www.webamuse.co.jp/jza80_list.html and also remember how he said "this power upgrade only costs 500,000 yen (under $6000), it makes you feel kinda sick in the stomach when you go to the http://www.mines-wave.com/ and notice that a built engine on it's own is 1,890,000 yen ($21,511 AUD).

I mean, that setup there costs 4,611,130 yen = $52,527 and only makes 600ps, that isnt even the machine they showed in their clip, I wonder how much it would cost to replicate the one they actually used?

Dont get me wrong, I like Skylines, I have had 3 now, but, the Supra is just a better performance machine from the factory, hey, 1520rwhp by Marko is better than any of the GTR's to date, sure, it is 3.4 litres, but who's counting.

Cheers.

Hey buddie..... You have been totally blinded by horse power figures, which don't mean s..t! Horsepower does not always relate in quick times! The Supra WAS a great looking car for it's time, unfortunately it dated very badly, especially those cheap headlights, oooh yuck. Also do your research the HKS GTR has craked well into the 7's.

And finally GTR's are not all about power, if anyone bought a GTR to make huge power they have rocks in their head. There are many cheaper alternatives than both the Supra and GTR, BUT what the GTR offers as an all round street, strip and track car there is no other car on the planet which can compete!

It's nick name GODZILA was made up for a reason :)

Thats my 2.2 cents (gst inc)

Its funny what big numbers the supra boys have, both on the dyno, then somehow, on the quarter too.

8THsin supra ran 10.2@147mph with 439rwkw.

ON2U supra runs 10.7@127mph with around 410rwkw (stock engine, car featured on HPI mag).

Theres an article onthe latesr HPI mag, they show a fully built R32 gtr which runs 10.91@131mph with 608hp. On the other hand on the same magazine theres EVL03 supra which runs 10.90@130mph with highest mph of 134 with stock engine, how ironic :P . Check this out http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_1180/article.html

I love supras, I think they look sexier than GTR's, but for me (only having owned a na supra, so not gonna compare performance I have actually sat in, but have seen alot of results) the GTR is the race car, the supra picks up chicks.

The other comparison is.

Carsales at the moment, I am seeing TT manual Supras for around 28-33k with a few light mods, mostly pretty stuff. 25-30k, some very big power GTR's. With the supras looking nothing short of sex. They are for different things. The supra always wins when parked out the front of a club(trust me :) ), the GTR wins when hammering home from work late at night(trust me :D )

I'll own both one day.

Roflmao @ this .... nah buddy supras pull the bimbos ... gtrs pull the smart sultrie sexier ones ... Like when you whooop a supra and his girfriend asks you to take her for a spin in that godzilla please ! ... shatters the poor fella both ways ... happened a few times on cruises now :blink:

(pot stiring)

if those 2jz's are so good how come Vlrb30's with less money spent on the vl as the tojo seem to fair just as well unless the 2j has half a morgatage attached ... I say well done toyota for having a go nice engine but clogged up breathing and a dating car.... now piss of back to rally,,,, jokes

and about some of the bottom end comments on and the apparently unfair rebuilt engine and comparison>

thats the big rant about a 2jz isint it? there bottom end is all superiour and shit apparently ! so comparing bottom ends as stock and worked is kinda an oximoron in the argument as some of you have made it , not to quicley mention the capacity difference.... simplified if you wanna argue about it the 2jz shouldnt of needed rebuilding because there way bigger & better in the first place with massive HP ratting stock ...all the mags say so! so it must be true ...just ignore the track tests please :)