SAU Community

Engine/gearbox/diff Oils

BookyVL

Guys,

I am changing the diff and gearbox oil shortly.

Is there a sort of oil that i should use for the diff and gearbox?

Gearbox: oil?

Diff: oil?

Engine: oil?

What my previous car (VL with SubZero build RB25DET), I used Mobil 1 for the engine. What oil do people recommend to use with a standard engine, not using any oil at all...

Thanks.

redline mt-90 for gearbox

then maybe motul or mobil1 for engine

(actually i use pennzoil 10w40 for engine oil. works fine for me... make sure your engine oil is quality and correct weight, but i wouldn't go spending $100 for an oil change with redline stuff. just make sure you change every 4000-5000kms)

probably redline for the diff aswell. though i wouldn't be too worried about diff oil with stock viscous lsd (just make sure the diff oil is for LSD, as the non-lsd diff oils are different)

i use motul 8100 in my engine (i'd use chrono if it was in any higher state of tune) but i change it so regularly, i dont think its too much of an issue. i pay $50odd for a sump full of 8100. chrono is more like $120ish from memory.

i used redline oils in my diffs and gearbox and i will NEVER use anything else. that stuff is liquid gold.

d

redline lightweight shockproof in my box. can't remember specifically which fluids went into the diffs.

d

yeah lightweight shockproof in the box but use MT90 in the diff. I was having a chat with the guy at rare spares and i asked him why this would be and he was going on about the mt90 has an oil treatment additive in it so the diff doesnt clunk and make alot of noise, you can user lightweght shockpoof and you can by the redline oil conditioner to add in so it works better. so i just went the mt90 thats what redline recommend anyway.

I use

Engine: Motul 4100 Turbolight 10w40

Diff: Redline Lightweight Shockproof

Gearbox: Redline Lightweight Shockproof

yeah lightweight shockproof in the box but use MT90 in the diff. I was having a chat with the guy at rare spares and i asked him why this would be and he was going on about the mt90 has an oil treatment additive in it so the diff doesnt clunk and make alot of noise, you can user lightweght shockpoof and you can by the redline oil conditioner to add in so it works better. so i just went the mt90 thats what redline recommend anyway.

yea thats what i was told too and decided to go with the lightweight i havent had any clunking though.

ps the diff and gearbox are bitches to do if you are just using the bottles they come in :(

Gearbox redline light weight shock proof

diff redline mt90

gtr tranfers DONT USE REDLINE you most use the matic d nissan oil if you want it to last (this came from a head more knowledgable than myself who had rebuilt a shit load of transfers)

engine mobile 1 is good so is the redline products