SAU Community

Goods and Services exchange 4 Skylines

akira

Hey everyone,

I would like 2 bring up the idea of Goods and services exchange for us Skylines Australia members.

For example, if we could create a register of who we are, what skills we could use to help others here ( eg: parts access, audio installation, mechanical repairs etc)

Once this is known, we could contact each other for mutual help with our skylines ( trading goods and services, cash etc depending on whats required)

A practical example of this: I need help with audio installation for my car.........Someone helps me and in return i compensate them with parts, cash or help with their car

Does this sound like a good idea?

What do you think?

Yeah sounds good....

Im a king detailer and show preparation expert... :)

So for that incredible showroom shine u know who to call....

Sydney - Northern Suburbs

I'm not good for anything, but I just thought I'd show my support for this thread. Great Idea ! If we could get it maybe in a more formal way that would be good also, maybe it's own section on the SAU website ?

Nick, detailer ? I'll be in touch ! Do you do a good cut & polish ? What about engine bay detailing ?

Jimbo:

www4.tpg.com.au/users/impact/byby.htm

That is my 200..... you can probably tell from the finish on that ;)

My dad is a classic car restorer so i inherited that detailing talent i guess..

happy to give you a hand with polishing (your car :lol: )

God that will teach me not to scan read ... I read that last line as "I'll be happy to give you a hand job" ... Now where were we ;)

Nice finish. My car since ariving has only been washed once, and due to Sydney air it gets dirty just sitting in the garage. It has quite alot of fine scratches and a few more prominent due to what seems to be the previous owners cleaning attempts (large swirls). I'd love to bring it up to look like your car but wouldn't even know where to start.

How much would you want for a full wash, cut/polish, wash and wax ? Do you also know much about detailing engine bays eg Plumbing ?

Jimbo,

IM sure we can work something out mate... maybe a case or beer or something...

Prank: i reckon we organise a day to work on cars like u ocne did with mysfit where a group gets together at a location like some sort of big garage and everyone helps everyone else...

Jimbo: you need to wash your car first using meguiars gold class wash, chamois it completely dry then polish the car (I use auto glym super resin polish ) applying with a small piece of towling or smooth cloth in a circular motion focusing on the marks and scratches.... do the whole car (will take ages) then buff it all off....next step get some meguiars yellow wax and some yellow round applicators and rub wax into the paint again in a circular fashion.... use a bit of force to..... once complete and the wax is drying, use one clean cloth and half buff it off.... then use another fresh cloth for a final shine and removal of any left over residue.

bobs ur uncle...

Originally posted by BY BY

IM sure we can work something out mate... maybe a case or beer or something...

Prank: i reckon we organise a day to work on cars like u ocne did with mysfit where a group gets together at a location like some sort of big garage and everyone helps everyone else...

Case sounds good to me :P and definately a maintanance day sounds like a good fun idea. Maybe combined with a BBQ ... nice little social for everyone.

I can't really offer any services, I'm useless....ain't good at anything.

I've installed a few systems. cereal_jacques is probably better

than me :uh-huh:

I've changed springs and shocks in R33 skylines..

but thats about it.

Originally posted by XrSiSt

I've installed a few systems. cereal_jacques is probably better

than me :uh-huh:

shucks.......now I'm blushing

I'm not particularly great, I'm probably no better than the next guy. But I've had a bit of practice on a few cars & wouldn't mind helping out.......

Oh, I know someone who does window tinting.

Any type of tints you want, relfective, blue (iridium type)

Get your best quote and then PM me and i'll see what I

can get ya.

I know someone who installs Boomerang alarm systems,

don't know how much tho.

ATM I currently need help with my front suspension and Audio installation of Amp/Speakers and Subs, installation of cams and injectors.

In return I can offer cash, Japanese translations, or access to s/h parts for Skyline...180sx and R32 GTR from an importer at mates rates:cool:

So If U can help out give us a PM or reply here

Thanks

Akira