SAU Community

No Bass Help!

vspec2

Hi all, my Bro just had a stereo/amp/speakers installed in his car R32 GTR. Its got the following

Alpine 6x9 SPR69LP (rear parcel)

Pioneer 5 1/4 splits TS-C1353 (front)

Alpine MRV-F545 4 channel amp

Kenwood MP3 KDC 8017 player

The Audio shop installed it but there is jack all bass in the car, my F@rts have more Bass than whats in the car at the moment.

My car runs a simialr setup and sounds like its got a sub in the back of it. so I dont know whats going on.

He seems to think its the head unit but the Bass is turn up to the max. The amp has also been adjusted and tweeked but not luck.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

it sound like the real 6x9 have been set up for trebil and no bass cos thats what you can do when installing amp, but thats just one thing also the rear speakers might be fulty or the pick up for the signal to the amp might not be working?

Make sure you check the amp filters sometimes they have low and high pass setups... take it back to the stereo shop and ask them if they can tune it so it has more bass maybe? or you could just go buy a sub and hook it up to the amp insted:) it will fix everything:P

Dayne

I had a look at my borthers car last night again, and had a better look at it (took out the front panel of the Apline amp), as it turns out the Audio guy put the front signal to the rear speakers and vise versa... Also the setting was put to 1/2 channel instead of the 3/4 switch. So now the proper signals are being to the correct speakers. Theres good bass in the car now.

Thanks guys

Thanks for the offer to have a look Fhrx!!!

Edited by vspec2