SAU Community

instructions anyone

NO_RSPECT

well with the rear ones you'll have to take the back seat out + parcel shelf and you'll see the nuts at the top. and at the bottom there is one big screw you'll see once you take off the rear wheel. and should drop straight out

basically what he said, but once the shocks are out, you will need to get some spring clamps, clamp down the springs, undo the nut on the top of the shock, pull off the spring, unclamp, clamp new spring, put back on....

I managed to do it without any instructions. Its all fairly straight forward. Just make sure you undo the two bolts (one on either side of shock) to drop it out and not the centre one.

hope that kinda helps.

Fronts are similar to rear, loosen nuts on wheels, jack up car, take off wheel, unscreen retaining nut on bottom of damper, unscrew 3 top nuts on tower top, then (from memory here, did this ages ago), you will have to lever down the bottom suspension arm so you can pull the bottom of the damper off the bolt and pull the whole unit down and out. I have to change my suspension back again some time to my good stuff, so I might go a photo'd guide to it all.

• 1 month later...