SAU Community

What's Going On With Everyones Cars?

phat_r33

yeah was thinking there, im from devonport so would be a bit of a mission but worth it to get a good tune

geez, nearly be easier chucking it on the ferry! RPM/Race Pace isnt too far away.

In the south there are a few options, Nicks summers/GT Garage or Andrew Kuc/Pro Automotive are the only two I'd consider down here. Andy has been tuning my car since 2007 and its still pumping good power with zero issue. 40 odd thousand kays on his tunes with track days and regular floggings and has never missed a beat and makes 50 odd kw's more than it probably should.

geez, nearly be easier chucking it on the ferry! RPM/Race Pace isnt too far away.

In the south there are a few options, Nicks summers/GT Garage or Andrew Kuc/Pro Automotive are the only two I'd consider down here. Andy has been tuning my car since 2007 and its still pumping good power with zero issue. 40 odd thousand kays on his tunes with track days and regular floggings and has never missed a beat and makes 50 odd kw's more than it probably should.

awesome man, i will be making the trip to hobart i reckon, thanks for the info ;)

i had mine done by Nick, i am from Burnie, def worth the trip, get a few mates and make it a day trip! i haven't asked Nick, but have been told he was taught by the same guy that taught Andy, so should be in good hands with either :D

I with ya Jack, Andy done my car last week stock standard 32 GTR with 128k's on the clock, made 230kw's, and is better on fuel now than

it was with the standard ECU

• 2 weeks later...
i had mine done by Nick, i am from Burnie, def worth the trip, get a few mates and make it a day trip! i haven't asked Nick, but have been told he was taught by the same guy that taught Andy, so should be in good hands with either :whistling:

Nick learnt the basics when he was working in Melbourne for Sam/Dr Drift but majority of what he knows is self taught.

One of the most genuine guys you will ever meet and you only have to look at cars like Ben's 180 (current and old) to see what he's capable of doing.

not doubting nicks work as i have good reports, but when i was waiting for my car to be done i waited 6 months for him even after having 1k cash sitting in my pocket but i never heard back from him.. im sure hes different now hes full time at his own workshop but i found sthe Shaw boys who know my car well and ill stick with them ;) 215k on engine and still going strong except for me setting it on fire haha.

not doubting nicks work as i have good reports, but when i was waiting for my car to be done i waited 6 months for him even after having 1k cash sitting in my pocket but i never heard back from him.. im sure hes different now hes full time at his own workshop but i found sthe Shaw boys who know my car well and ill stick with them :cool: 215k on engine and still going strong except for me setting it on fire haha.

No need to reply but we both know there are two sides to your story Funz :D.

As for Nick and Andy being taught by the same person, not sure where that came from. Definitely not true.

At the end of the day which tuner questions are asking for trouble on forums. If you're happy with your current tuner stick with him/her, if you're not look elsewhere.

Ben

No need to reply but we both know there are two sides to your story Funz :) .

As for Nick and Andy being taught by the same person, not sure where that came from. Definitely not true.

At the end of the day which tuner questions are asking for trouble on forums. If you're happy with your current tuner stick with him/her, if you're not look elsewhere.

Ben

doesnt have one, hence why he asked for advice

atm 32 is getting some loving with repairs, sourced a new low K engine to swap over in it and rebuild the current one in it for targa eventually, also got the 31's suspension swapped over for stock items.. man its nice not feeling every pebble on the road lol.. next in line for 31 is exhaust and a few other little things then planning better paint lol

hehe , i bought a r31 the other day , and a second to make 1 nice car outta 2 , so i'll soon have a s2/3 ti manual for daily duties so i can take the laurel off the road to put a bigger heart in it (rb25 will take place of the 20 )

• 2 weeks later...