SAU Community

Rb30 Into C210?

V8skylineMAN

thats rather a pain in the ass isnt it?

What part of the motor is in the way of the bonnet? If its the rocker cover you could modify your're bonnet with a bonnet scoop.

I was also thinking that you could use washers to space out the bonnet brackets but it would look weird...

just speccy up the plenum and rocker cover and chop a hole in the bonnet and mould a bit of perspex or someting like that

rice!!!!!!........ lol

or do what george said and make a bonnet scoop

it will be out of centre but will make it look different and cool at the same time

and it wil look like u have a got a huge mother ass v8 with like a 700 double pumper holley carb or someting

but really a rb30 (damn - i would have prefered the v8 with a 700 double pumper holley and big air filter to the rb30 - but o well)

I was thinking..you could get another bonnet. Cut a hole in the place where the plenum is in the way. Then get a bonnet scoop and fibre glass of it onto the bonnet then finish it off and respray. Or instead of fibre glassing the scoop onto it you could carbon fibre the bonnet and the scoop to the bonnet.

Or get a spacer of some sort to lower the plenum down past the head more.

like u have a got a huge mother ass v8 with like a 700 double pumper holley carb or someting

i HAVE a C210 coupe with a v8 and 600 mech sec holley

Short runner, Forward facing plenum is probably going to be the solution..

Im hopin not....they arent cheap

whats the deal with the tailshaft

dunno yet, the stocker is the right lenght but as ive not fitted it, i dont now if the spline is the same

ive looked into droppin the engine on its mounts, but i only have about 25mm clearance over the xmember, so even if i sat the engine on the xmember the bonnet would be about 25mm off closing. im looking into rb26 gear,....ill keep you posted.

I can save you some trouble . Rb26 heads have non hydraulic lash adjustment which all other (except Neo RB25) have . They use solid inverted buckets with disc shaped shims underneath . The exhaust valves are sodium cooled and use different valve guides and seals (larger dia stems) .

The manifold bolt patterns are different to suit the six throttle inlet on one side and twin turbo manifolds on the other . The exhaust side studs are 8 rather than 10mm . The front coolant passages are the same as RB30 blocks and R32 RB25DE blocks . Other ie R33/34 bolcks need mods to suit and oil supply for VVT blocked off .

RB26 cams are the best factory ones .

just speccy up the plenum and rocker cover and chop a hole in the bonnet and mould a bit of perspex or someting like that

rice!!!!!!........ lol

or do what george said and make a bonnet scoop

it will be out of centre but will make it look different and cool at the same time

and it wil look like u have a got a huge mother ass v8 with like a 700 double pumper holley carb or someting

but really a rb30 (damn - i would have prefered the v8 with a 700 double pumper holley and big air filter to the rb30 - but o well)

If u wanna see a v8 powered c210 click here: http://www.datsunworld.com/c210/c210590.htm

i ended up making 50mm drop mounts to ft the rb in my gt, just clears the bonnnet and everything looks tidy, just be aware if its turbs that ya have enough clearance around the turbo with the inner guards

v8 skyline man i realise that u have got a v8 powered skyline

i was thinking more in the line of like the old xa and xb fords with a big block v8 and a big carb and filter sticking out the top of the bonnet

now that looks cool

not saying urs doesn't but... :)