SAU Community

Scraped side skirt on gutter :(

DJ_L3ThAL

hey guys

i didnt realise when i did it but when i got home i always check my car to make sure its fine but tonight it wasnt, i scratched the side skirt pretty badly sorta underneath so from the side you cant see it but anyways my car is black, how easy would it be to fix this up ? do i just sand gently to smooth it then use touch up paint ? or what ? whats the best way to fix these scratches :)

i think a large proportion of people who get new cars especially turbos and lowered cars have lots of little accidents ... and even big accidents ... i've heard some crazy stories about people having big accidents with new cars ... its just a learning process ... i got a similar problem with my skirts and my front ... but its hardly noticeable ... i'd rather wait to get brand new front and skirts ... maybe 400r ... i reckon thats the shitz!!! ... anyways ... keep me posted on what u did to fix it cause i got the same problem :)

yeah well the majority of the scratches are un noticeable unless you get on your kness and look up ast the skirt, otherwise its VERY minor but still i know its there and thats bad enough :) ill work something out i hope, but gees i love my skyline soooooooooooooooooooooo much, runs so smooth :P woooosh

Yeh I ****en hate scrapage.... wash the area so you know really how bad it is. Then get some cut and polish and see how you go. Failing this you have to see whether its just paint lost or actualy damage to the plastic/fibreglass.... you can get it welded back then.

i hate scrapes as well

sum knobshine scraped the back or my car while i was parked at a shopping centre prolly trying to park next to me and they decided to take off! not happy jan!

i dunnjo if you guys feel this way but like even if it is the tiniest scratch that noone can see i still get shitted off coz i know it's there damn scratches :)

adrian

thats exatcly like me

thats why i hate washing my car sumtimes coz i always get remind of the lil scratches and shit

and it makes me very mad

oh well man at least you got a excuse now to splash out on some fancy new side skirts?

may i suggest veilside?

hehehee

lol!!! i think this dickhead today made a mark in my car door with his door, coz im not sure it may have already been there but there's a vertical white mark (paint gone) in my drivers door, soon im gunna get some sick polish and stuff and fix every little mark on the car as best as i can :)

I've had my car for a year and haven't had one "little" or "big" accident in it.. I've only scraped the front bar numberous times coming out of steep driveways...

The way you were talking about the road... I wouldn't have been parking my car there in the first place. One thing I always do on the very rare occassion we take our car to the supermarket/big shopping centre car park, is try to park next to a post so only one car can park on the other side. Never park near 4wd's or family cars.

I thought having scrapes on your front bar was street cred? :) Cause then its like a visible mark to say "May car is low" :P

Or is it just me?

Adrian _Perth - i thort i was the only obsessed one!!

I hate washing or spending unnessary lengths of time looking at my car (or in direct sunlight) cos then you notice marks you never even knew!!!

DJ_Lethal - man on the first day i got my car was picking my g/f up from school - never been there in my life and scraped my sideskirt something fierce - the sound was heartbreaking. I didnt talk all the way home. She knew....

Call Chips Away = 0412241014 (Sydney) they do a great job of clearing up our mistakes... Personally i just used a permanent marker (my car is black) and it is almost unnoticable!!

when i get my bodykit fitted gonna see if they can do me a favour

hehe and touch up the two or three scratches i have :P

hehehehe

HSVHLR : I believe there are many more like us!

Dj_Lethal : Go get them Veilside Skirts hehehe! YOU KNOW U WANT THEM! :P

adrian