SAU Community

Skyline Addiction

SteveR33

Over the past six weeks I have been without my line and it has been pure HELL!!! I have been driving a range of other cars from VX commondores to Pulsars :) Anyway I have come to realize just how addicted I am to the skyline. I cannot see myself ever being able to drive a normal (non-performance) car such as a Holden or Ford. Do you guys feel the same way or is a car just a car? I came across a thread by Zdenko about getting a V8 SS and most of you guys had a similar opinion to mine about this. Well anyway can you do away with your Skyline?

Must admit that this is my first turbo car and the thrill of it is awesome. Before deciding on the Skyline, I drove a few NA Supras (as I loved those when they first came out) and was disappointed as there was no real oomph, like you get with a turbo.

I drove my old Celica (still waiting to find a buyer) the other day and it felt really slow, etc whereas until the Skyline, I thought it was great.

It will be hard to go back to a non-performance car now that I have tasted it.

yeah i drove a few diff cars and the line beats them for me hands down...

everything from WRXs to 3000GT Twin Turbos and the line still does it for me :)

about the same... in the dry in a str8 line...

wet is different... plus the WRX handled better around corners but nothing major i found. not enough to warrant me wasting my money on such a limited car.

pleaseee NI a wrx would distroy ur car from 0 - 60 easy .. anything would beat ur car .. hehehe jk

man my mates wrx eats me hard from 0-60 but as soon as i snap into 2nd its all a diffrent story.. but his is stock except da exhaust..

cants say i ran a rex worked yet....

man the stock rex i had at my last work wasnt that crash hot... even my lowly 32 has beaten a few stockies with no mods other than an exhaust.... mind u the drivers were all male menopause (sp?) so i dont think its the car i think its more the driver :spank:

dont worry danny.... one day u'll be a real boy.

EDIT***

im not talking STis btw.... theyd eat me

I was driving Dents R33 (DentonR33) Skyline down the princes a few nights ago and a brand new STi pulled up and had a go at us. Off the line he pulled a car length and by the end of second I was next to him and from there on we just keep pulling car lengths. Dent’s car is stock with zorst, filter and a bit more boost!

I'm feelin' you, I wouldn't last a week without stressing out, even when they had my car for a couple ofweeks trying to figure out the cam shaft! Although I mainly drive the car at night, afterhour. I think most people will agree, but I enjoy driving it most at night when traffics is at a minimum.

About the STi and most WRX in that matter, I always let them blew by in 1st, catch them up in 2nd and blow by them in 3rd. I hate it when I they pull up next to me at lights, I hate drag racing...

Hmmm. Yeah, i really don't know what else i would want to drive. other than a skyline and coming from an R31 i'm glad i went with another skyline rather than a rex or soarer, or others i considered. Now that i own one, possibly a porsche or something like that, but not much else. Short of more than 80k nothing comes close! I dunno, maybe a GTR but I'm not sure what i'd ever want after this. Nothing will come close to power/performance/looks/price.

I'm getting some shotgun launches going now, and its like the car is just skipping over the road - when i get it right its like the other car is just standing still. I'm at 60 in what feels like less than 2 seconds, then its just time to slow down before i get too carried away :) That always brings back the excitement of owning a great car.

Steve, I'm with you all the way. I'd only trade up my Skyline for Nismo's or Mine's V-SPecII N1. Either way (R32 or R34) would be fine by me. I wouldn't mind Top Secret's R34, either... LOL... I'm dreaming in the office, now!

And yes, for some reason I'd prefer track race or road race than drag races. And I think it is such as waste to build a Sklyine for drag race as the car is engineered for a tract weapon in the first place.

Hey Steve,

its Mark how are you? Hows everything wit your engine going??? I hope you get your skyline soon so you can relax a little bit. I feel sorry for you. I remember when I stacked my lancer and had to drive a shitty old bluebird I felt crap and that was over a lancer! I couldn't imagine if I had to go without my 32. I fixed that bogg prob, I replaced the air flow meter and now it drives much better. Im getting it dyno'd on Monday so hopefully everything goes ok. Let me know any updates on your car, I can't wait to see it when its finished.

:burnout: