SAU Community

13.4 second 1/4 for your 'stockish' R33. (A how to guide).

rev210

Good work !!

Now you should really get the rest of your exhaust done. a Nice 3" Frontpipe + 3" Cat will give much better midrange power (around 10rwkw across the board).

I noticed the improvement immediately when I had mine fitted and im sure it would dramatically improve your 1/4 times.

good stuff mate.

Thats what I've been talking about. More people would run 13's if they leave things pretty stock and work on launches and things.

255 tyres don't hurt either.

Originally posted by MotoX

i ran a 13.872 @99.56 11.1psi and its fairly stock, jsut electronic boost controler, cat back, stock airbox, stock turbo, street tyres 255s :D, stock engine, minex vx rom ecu, stock clutch.

jsut a matter of interest, i drop my car at 2500rpm then give it 70-80% throttle. then full throttle after that. i find that makes me run 13's. if i give it all hell i rin 14.5s. my 60footers are 2.189

Nice :D

What rpm are you changing up at approx for each gear?

Also do you know what RPM your power is peaking at?

Question for all [that includes you rev210 ;-)]: Are you guys having to change into 4th just before the line or do you make it through at the end of 3rd gear?

I am hoping to pass the line in 3rd but I doubt it will happen. Factory ECU, ie no speed or rev cuts on mine. 3rd seems to go to around 150 odd km/h which I am sure isnt enough as most near-stock 33's that pull around 14 seconds cross the line at approx 100mph which of course is 161 km/h... have to wait and see... a group of us are going to heathcote on 1/6/03 ~ next sunday!

Cant Wait :D

paul,

I reckon you would have reached the flow limits of the stock turbo, it'll just act as an airflow restrictor. Also the cam gear timing is affected by the base timing map. Sine your wolf has had the timing completely regraphed (I assume) you would need to re-adjust a little for the cam shaft timing adjustment. I think the later as the source of power droppage.

Opening/shutting the exhaust valves a little later shouldn't hurt the power at all if you adjust the timing to suit. Don't do the timing and I'm sure the power will drop.

somethings up with that then.

The cam gear is a very basic principle to allow a later exhaust opening, should work on any standard cam profile. Maybe you have already got some aftermarket cams?

Did the timing get re-jigged when the cam timing was changed? If not that is why things are going all negative on you. You can't change the one without the other.

you don't just 'check the timing' you 'change it'.

when I put mine on I thought " damn I have wasted my money!" but, then I played with the base timing and got everything back and more.

I found 4 degrees is best for top end and I settled on 3 deg as a compromise. The timing adjustment was as much as 10deg or so to make it work.

Originally posted by rev210

BTW does anyone know what 130kmh is rev wise in 4th?

Approx. 5000rpm. Though I cant remember if I was doing 130k or 140k at the time but somewhere in that rev range. I would say maybe 4500/4750 if I was in fact doing 140 @ 5000.

Why were you asking?