SAU Community

Scrote City...Watch yourself and you car.

Guest Rhino

The car is safe now, she aint going nowhere.

But the house is now coming up for some security upgrades.

Where did you get the camera setup from R33-Cam? And do you work at Southlands??

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fabiansgtr

yer good to hear the R didnt go but a freinds civic went missing in a simular way but instead they took 3 sets of keys moved 1 car out the way and took a s13 and a civic

and another mate of a mate had his rex stolen by bracking in the house his keys and mobile stolen from his bed head while sleeping. hed apparently awoke by the sound of his car firing up by that time car was gone. hed also notice his phone gone so hed rang it, the pricks answered saying not to call the cops and would return the car (NOT) and also said that we could have killed ya with the bat next to ya bed. (thats pretty ****ed hey)

anyways might pay to put those locking bollards thingo;s in behind ya parking spot and hiding ya keys from now on ppl

Yep thought about roller/tilt doors but its impractical because when closed the front door cant be accessed.

Cam.

I'll ask and see if the master thinks the cameras are a goer and if so I'll Pm you for advice and possibly help. Can they be hooked up to a VCR instead of a computer?

I've always found the keypad option in the car should make things safer for your car. Had one in my previous 'R, have one in my Silvia and just waiting for another to come in for my current 'R. You can set them up to arm automatically or punch in the code to arm them. Cost is about $250-$300 installed I think. Then if by some chance they managed to get your keys, they're not getting anywhere. Gives you time to wake up and get them while they're trying to figure out why the car ain't starting too. I'm in the same boat as Rhino - both cars in a carport where a rolladoor is not an option.

Cheers

Brendan

Originally posted by VSPEC32

I've always found the keypad option in the car should make things safer for your car. Had one in my previous 'R, have one in my Silvia and just waiting for another to come in for my current 'R. You can set them up to arm automatically or punch in the code to arm them. Cost is about $250-$300 installed I think. Then if by some chance they managed to get your keys, they're not getting anywhere. Gives you time to wake up and get them while they're trying to figure out why the car ain't starting too. I'm in the same boat as Rhino - both cars in a carport where a rolladoor is not an option.

Cheers

Brendan

ya could also look at doing the keypad job yourself, works out alot cheaper mine only cost me $35-40 and then just the time to put it in, just another option for ya..

Originally posted by R33_Cam

ya could also look at doing the keypad job yourself, works out alot cheaper mine only cost me $35-40 and then just the time to put it in, just another option for ya..

Would this interfere with the current alarm?. I am getting a new alarm installed this minute and would like a keypad also. Possible to PM me what you used to hook it up etc?

Originally posted by memphis

Would this interfere with the current alarm?. I am getting a new alarm installed this minute and would like a keypad also. Possible to PM me what you used to hook it up etc?

you can hook it up as part of an alarm, but i prefer to do it totally seperate from ur alarm system, just like a seperate immobiliser so to speak, im not gonna tell ya where mine is attached to, hehe, but you attach it anywhere that wont allow the car to start without power. ie: fuel pump, starter motor, ecu, the list goes on.

ya need any help let me know...

Cam.

*******%#%&% stupid car burglers! Ask around for a top brand security tint(3m?) My car's been burgled a couple of times.I even brought it to the policestation for fingerprint dusting,i dont know if the @#$%$# was caught,hope he has a record.

The worst kind is ppl stealing parts like boost controllers,safc,expensive gt-wings.A real auto enthusiast wont do that,only @#$@$#@ will.

Be vigilant and beat the crap out of these guys

maybe your tire jack will be useful

Originally posted by R33_Cam

you can hook it up as part of an alarm, but i prefer to do it totally seperate from ur alarm system, just like a seperate immobiliser so to speak, im not gonna tell ya where mine is attached to, hehe, but you attach it anywhere that wont allow the car to start without power. ie: fuel pump, starter motor, ecu, the list goes on.

ya need any help let me know...

Cam.

Yeh yeh thats cool :wave:. Just need to know where I can get the pad itself for such a cheap price :)

Guest Infusi0n

All i can say is having a Doberman sitting in your backyard can be quite a shock to fence jumpers, still it didnt stop someone breaking into my car when it was parked at my g/f's and stealing nothing. They broke into it for kicks by the look of it (no its a shit car so i keep nothing in there either)

Glad to know im not the only one paranoid - i think my friends think im a little too paranoid im so fussy where i take my car and where i park it. Ive got mine behind 7 foot auto gates with pointy bits on top and then in a garage - but with a nissan skyline, 300ZX, 2 HSV Clubsports and a porsche 356 replica we would be every car thiefs dream.

Ive actually had dreams where someone has tried to hijack my beloved R33 and lets just say for a chick in my dreams i kick some butt!!!!

aghhhhhhhh!

Originally posted by SHUTO-BOY

Be vigilant and beat the crap out of these guys

Why be lenient? The final infliction is nothing, the journey is where all the fun's at. I have a recipe worked out, but warning, the ingredients may offend.

The key: cops won't believe a word of some amputated guy running around OD'ing on lsd.

Am I right in saying that WA now has legislation in place that allows for you to do anything to a person found on your property with dodgy motives?? or is it still the old system of equal force??

Not that I'm suggesting anything.