SAU Community

Interesting Conversation About Gtr's On Wrx Forum

gtr13

i read most of it and the people who had actually driven a gtr had some clue, but the best argument most of them had is "my highly modified wrx beats stock gtrs" - no shit dick head.

has anyone here had much experience draging wrx's.

i'd rather drive my gtr than a wrx that was twice as fast. (harsh but true)

Most of them are suprisingly accepting of the fact that GTRs are quicker.

Ofcourse there is always the guy who thinks his standard car will beat anything! LoL, like a few GTST (pretty standard) owners that have claimed to beat STis on this forum....sif.

I have an auto r33 few standard mods

off the mark

unless the wrx has gear box work it is not worth a drag unless up to 60kms

a rolling start is a different story they go quit hard but have not much go from 80 to 120 or not as much as me

but both car are good and realy it is the gtir that should be the one that they compare it 2 and again nooo contest

but i like wrxs more than v8s

my 2 cents james

well the 1 rex i ever raced i beat 3 times. He didnt want to risk his gearbox with hard launches, where as i had brand new tyres and could launch reasonably well with minimal wheel spin.

I'd like to race one with the driver giving it some stick from the word go.

An STi driver who isn't willing to launch hard will be lunched by just about anything off the line. They got nuthin below 4k. Hell, my mate in his pintara (all 82kw) with a good launch managed to keep ahead of one until, maybe, 40km/h. Maybe 30km/h... But the point is, a well driven car with a little grunt can beat a poorly driven STi (with lots of power) to 100km/h. Would get run down over the quater mile though. And destroyed on the freeway.

One thing I don't like about the boxer engine note is when people take the stock non-turbo imprezas and put on fully sick 'zorsts. They sound like a Volkswagen Beetle with a hole in the muffler.

If I wanted a nat-atmo boxer engine, I'd go a 911 for only 10x the price!

EDIT: I guess the good driver vs. bad driver applies to pretty much all cars, but the massive traction of the STi combined with the massive torque hole seems to magnify the effects of poor driving.

Edited by Big Rizza

has anyone here had much experience draging wrx's.

I've run an MY02(ish) WRX in my Z from a 1st gear rolling start (we both took off, watched to see if the other was going to punch it, and then both did). Neck and neck up until I backed off at around 110km/hr (which I realise is nowhere near a quarter mile).

While this takes out the glass drivetrain problem in the WRX, my car also has a lack of off-the-line traction. If my Z can keep up, it won't stand a chance against a GT-R.

Once you factor in launching, and the ability of a GT-R to do a redline clutch dump more than 3 times.....the Impreza will be behind the 8-ball trying to reel it in.

Most of them are suprisingly accepting of the fact that GTRs are quicker.

Ofcourse there is always the guy who thinks his standard car will beat anything! LoL, like a few GTST (pretty standard) owners that have claimed to beat STis on this forum....sif.

The thing is, most of them also know the GT-R is a "cut above" theirs. So its no loss of face to rate those cars. It'd be like someone comparing an R34 GT-R to a Porsche 996 Turbo - there's no problem with giving props to a car that's significantly more powerful and expensive as a road car.

But, troll those WRX guys on how a Pulsar GTiR or Evo goes against it, and you'll probably get a similar response to when people start talking about (Supra or RX-7) vs GTS-t on here and the little kiddies take the bait.