SAU Community

What Rb30 Block Is This?

[200]

hay guys if you look hard enough amoung the VL turbo crew i am sure you will find one. i got mine for a carton of Tooheys NEW. HAHAHA

and the big ends bores and mains were in fantastic shape.

Cheers,

Boz

Ive picked up 2x RB30 bottom ends for $30 now. First one was fine but was a series 1 and didnt have turbo provisions. So the second block was a series 2 and even has the machined surface.

I wonder how much i can sell the set's of rod's for and see if i can re-coop my cost's :D

Keep looking through the quokka (classifieds) as theres usually something there. More so under the VL parts section.

still waiting to hear back from some guys that put a RB25 into a VL .... see if i can get it cheap enough..

but $30 is a mad bargain..

i rang about 8 wreckers around my area and only 1 place had an RB30 in stock

Guys I must defend the VL RB30s :) the over-heating problem associated with VLs is caused by the radiator setup they run. The relative height level of the radiator-to-head doesn't promote air to escape the system rather it gets trapped in the head. It's matter I would only take into consideration when selecting a replacement, stock, head not block. You have to love cast iron.

To myself it looks as if the rb20det's in R32's sit higher than the Rb30's in VL's do.

It most probably comes down to poor head design as I've known R31's to crack heads also..

However, I put it down to being radiator related... The VL's run crappy copper radiators. Aluminium works better than copper as a radiator.

Edited by Cubes

• 6 years later...