SAU Community

Project 12sec R33 GTST Daily Driver

rev210

I run the same fan J.

I fitted mine (16" DC & thermal s/w) new ~1.5-2 yrs back. It keeps the temp's under control even in 40+C traffic no prob's.

Normal water temp is ~80'C

Have hit a max of 92'c on a 32'c day after hrs worth of dyno tuning runs (hotter in the dyno cell!).

Matt - sweet.. That's what I like to hear.

Rev - I had a good look at it yesterday, and I don't think I'll be able to keep the shroud :) But I'll do my best to try and keep it, even if I have to chop it a bit. I let you know how I go on the weekend.

J

Originally posted by rev210

Another mod I'll add to the list is replacing the flexi tube between the turbo and the afm, probably with a metal pipe. The factory pipe is quite restrictive.

Guys,

Yeah I lost the shroud in my thermo set-up. Hasn't been a problem for my car though. I do intend making a flashy new one (one day :rolleyes:) A few hard laps of a track may be a different story, but I'd be going for a bigger better radiator if I got into track racing.

Rev,

Flexi tube - Yep ditched that a while back too :D Nasty looking piece of gear. I run a completely new metal intake pipe (nil AFM & all) From turbo to filter is custom fabricated.

Much thinner than the standard clutch fan. Easier to fit nice big FMIC pipes across the engine bay (inlet & outlet on opposite side style) without fouling the bonnet or stock fan blades.

You need to wire the thermo in with a relay, fuse (30A) & thermal s/w. There's plenty of room in the fuse box to fit the extra relay & fuse.

Below is an old (poor quality) pic of my inlet piping. The blue silicon Samco hose section actually has piping most of the way through it (nil chance of sucking in!) but a small section is allowed to flex, then the adapter for the K&N is on the other side.

Rev210 your chase for 12's will be difficult with the stock turbo and impossible with the stock intercooler, I doubt 10psi will get you 12's. Delay the little mods like fans,pulleys and cam gears and get a large FMIC, with the SAFC and an increase in boost a 30rwkw+ gain should be seen, if your still short then try the little things but the intercooler must be your next mod.

I worked out if I can get a 1.9 60ft , 104mph is enough to get 12.9 should I not fall asleep changing gears. Actually if I got a 1.9 60ft my mph would be higher than 104 and the time probably lower.

then again 1.9 60ft is a little hard to do on 205's.

Originally posted by GTS-t VSPEC

Nice engine bay, I don't have the problems with the piping due to a different plenum, so hopefully that will make the fan even easier to install.

See'ya:burnout:

Thanks mate. I've tarted it up a bit more since that pic.

With a Greddy plenum (or any front mounted TB manifold) the piping will be easy :rolleyes: