SAU Community

Optimax Extreme (100ron + 5% Ethanol)

Zahos

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cbf going back 7 pages so....I have a question I gather from the first 4 pages that fuel economy is heavier on "e" fuel, question is how much is it per ltr? anyone done the maths? any financial benifit at all?

If it's only a couple of cents cheaper per ltr and you have to change tune to suit the product thus limiting yourself to good performance on a atm not to widely available fuel why would you bother?

Cost per ltr pls...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Mmm methanol....used a blend of it for many yrs in my street cars.

Only probs it caused me were the sore cheeks caused by grinning so much from the hp gains :)

Edited by madbung

At Caloundra Shell ----->

Unleaded last night was 1.07pr ltr

Optimax last night was 1.13pr ltr

Optimax extreme was 1.20pr ltr

I put some in my daily driver pulsar and i honestly think that the normal optimax is better, the lil pulsar just didnt seem to have kick it used to when running normal optimax, and honestly for the extra $$$ it cost i wont be using it. As for my skyline i will probably stay away from the extreme untill maybe the price comes down enough to be worth it

From BOOSTA (Pete)

Wait, so let me get this straight, the 100 has the same amount of "petrol" or less than the 98, has ethanol, which the media are raving about how it is cheaper, and costs 7 cents more? f**k that for a joke! They're making a pretty penny off that!

Btw, where do you live? Optimax is like 1.30 here :mellow:

Dan.

Wait, so let me get this straight, the 100 has the same amount of "petrol" or less than the 98, has ethanol, which the media are raving about how it is cheaper, and costs 7 cents more? f**k that for a joke! They're making a pretty penny off that!

Btw, where do you live? Optimax is like 1.30 here :mellow:

Dan.

government mate, government taxes, they'd tax your shit paper, and used shit paper if they could. Wait, they probably do, sewerage treatment fees or some crap

Bwahahaha........it's more expensive and not just by a cent or 2, biggest joke this year, way to ease the every increasing costs of fuel by introducing blended fuels.

Die Liberal scum........die!!!!!

hmm, just a thought, maybe just fill up with what ever other fuel, then buy the 100% pure ethanol from where ever (usually piss cheap) then add it to your fuel tank :S

hang on, its more expensive because Shell are selling it as a premium fuel.

it has nothing to do with the price of ethanol or govt taxes.

the point about ethanol is that it is cheaper than petrol. It is up to shell how they use it from there.

I haven't used it yet, but fully intend to. I think the ethanol issue is being *way* overplayed in this thread.....it is 1/20th of what you are buying = bugger all.

It seems that fact that shell have oxygenated the fuel is having a much bigger impact than the ethanol content.

*edit* yes it is shell not BP :mellow:

Im in queensland, Brisbane and sometimes the Sunshine Coast.

I actually filled up my lil pulsar on 98cents the last monday without petrol saver too, I nearlly had a tear in my eye when i saw the price. Under $1 it was a special moment, optimax was only 1.04 too.

Cheers Pete