SAU Community

Number Plate Rant! The Rta Has Changed The Rules.

Beer Baron

I was just looking to order a set of plates, and i want the black lettering on white plates to match my other plates. BUT since the new pink, purple whatever colours have been brought in they have scrapped the nice simple black on white and you can't now order in that style :( the closest thing is white with a black border, but it's not the same dammit! here endeth my rant.

WTF.. I can't believe they've done that.. as if there aren't enough people out there that have them.. especially imports for some reason :(.. **chuckle** they definately suit the cars the best, simple - but very smooth..

what a joke.. typical of them to do it..

yeah it's pretty lame. especially as i already have two cars with that style of plate and i wanted any future cars to have the same. damn. i will have to go with the white with black border and a pair of tin snips...

I was just looking to order a set of plates, and i want the black lettering on white plates to match my other plates. BUT since the new pink, purple whatever colours have been brought in they have scrapped the nice simple black on white and you can't now order in that style :( the closest thing is white with a black border, but it's not the same dammit! here endeth my rant.

really ?~~poor u ~~

hehe i m gonna get my silver number plate soon...

can t wait! :lol:

If you ring or go into the RTA rather then going online, they will make them for you.

You may notice that you still can't order the newer "AB 12 CD" style over then net either. But I know for a fact, as I ordered them for my wife's car, you can get them by ringing or going to an RTA.

just thought id let u know monkeykplunk, i ordered my plates online, my plates are RB 20 ED?? so i dont understand what your saying when u say u can order that type online? i got mine back in march...

no worries, it just conjured up a great mental picture for me.

you walk into the RTA, line up, go to the counter, say: "i'd like a plates that says 'breasts' please" the lady says "ok" please wait five minutes. she runs out the back to the smithy who starts work on a nice set of plates. 5 minutes later your on your way with a set of smoking plates in hand! :D

well i just rang the RTA to order the new plates. they wouldn't sell me the plain black on white plates, only the black on white with black border. :D She claimed that they look the same appart from the border, so we'll see. what a bummer. oh well, they will still be ok.