SAU Community

Stagea Body Kits

qikstagea

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats some smooth photoshop work on that stag...

thought about a 260 kit, but wouldnt like telling people that sadly, no, its not an RS260 my friend. I dont think i could live with that everyday.

"hey wow is that an RS260! PHAT! dont see many of those!!"

"uhh sure is, kid... whatever you say" (tears, cos its not)

Edited by qikstagea

Yeah, thats an interesting view on it! But how many people would be able to make that assumption just on view? Most dont even know what a Stagea is!

yeah, its either a volvo or something similar, right? thats why i want a kit for it, or an R34 front. get this but -

i was getting a six pack from the local bottleshop today, and this old, pot bellied builder looking dude rocks up and goes "nice car, thats really slick for someone your age. not your mums, is it?"

i said no, its all mine, figuring he thought it was a new camry or something.

"oh, wow." he goes "dont see many youngsters driving stageas, hey. but i guess it is all skyline, hey. Just in a wagon, right?"

Blew me away! out of the blue. drove an XD falcon, he did. Carton of xxx under his arm. Beard. tattoos. looked like a fat ned kelly.

was an XD falcon WAGON, but.

Edited by qikstagea

i think im going to splurge a couple of grand on a light set of racey looking wheels before i go a kit. would look odd with a set of 15s, i think. especially with the nissan navara spec suspension they bloody come with.

gaarrrrr i hate posting twice in a row.

went to DMD "the image" and got a brochure and some quotes. shop looks a bit iffy from the outside, but wait til you get into the workshop. millions of dollars worth of cars - easy. about fifty different kits just sitting there screaming "paint me! glue me on! get defected! etc!"

they actually have a stagea nismo kit in stock - shotgun on that.

1800, 1200 to paint and fit. Hit them up for some slight modifications to the front bar - removing two little bars so it looks a bit more agressive, and adding some sharpness. gave it a more open look - now, bar and plate or tube and fin?

Also asked to have the exhaust outlet duplicated, so i can have fat twin exhausts a la 300ZX. they wanted a bit more, but its going to be included. $3000 modified, fitted and painted.

then 1300 for a split exhaust system through the local RPM guys.

Think i spoke to a guy named Don at DMD. good to talk to, and there were countless displays of their work there - VERY satisfactory.

dropping of my fuel filler cover to match the paint as soon as they finish their christmas break. gives me time to get some cash...

you can see the two little bars on either side i might get rid of, and am adding a bit more of a lip along the bottom. woohoo a CUSTOM nismo front bar... one-off, ladies and gentlemen. what do you think of the little vents in the side skirts? not a fan... would 33 4D skirts fit, anyone know? didnt ask...

post-24895-1134558518.jpg

Edited by qikstagea

thats the difference. pretty clear. the stagea bar has a removeable bottom section. no idea why, but its going on the bottom of my nismo bar :-)

The stagea bar isnt quite as agressive as the R33 i think, being that its a more family oriented vehicle. or something.

post-24895-1134654856.jpg

post-24895-1134655481.jpg

Sorry ... l meant fitment wise.

Apart from obviously the grill area (as the stagea has part of the grill attached to FB) .... in theory wouldn't everything "under the headlights" be the same??

Sorry l'm just thinking of doing something a bit different!! :D

would 33 4D skirts fit, anyone know? didnt ask...

My understanding is they have the same wheelbase, so the side skirts should be the same length. But the Stagea body looks to be wider, hence the tuck in under the doors to line up with the Skyline floor pan/chassis. So I don't think that they would be a simple bolt on.

:) cheers :O

I have an r33 4 door, i've modified a set of 2 door skirts to fit just by making a few cuts and turning 1 piece skirts into 2, measure the length if it's the same should be as simple as what i had to do...on the other hand dmd do custom front bars for 1000 600 for skirts and 1000 for rear bar plus paint, thats only 2600 for piece of mind your a one off

stags do have a wider body, do they? thought they might, wasnt sure but.

would probably rule out using the bottom half of a 33 front bar, attached to the top half of a stag bar...? unless you cut and filled, i guess. dont know, stagen. its a cool idea, very original, and would make 33 owners double take! would probably go someething flashier than a gtst, but.

about the 4d skirts - i did notice a significant amount of "tuck" under the sills (its a bastard to clean), but havent looked at a 33 coupe or sedan up too close, so cant compare. will ask them. they have a 33 4d there.

and i have already been quoted 1800 for a full kit, plus 1200 to paint, with a one off modified front bar (using the little lip thats on original rs4 front bars), so ill take that!! thinking of getting them to delete the tacky vents in the nismo skirts, too... will hit them up to do some myself. have done heaps of glassing and panel beating, so we'll see.

actually i dont think i went as far as mentioning the option of using that little lip... just the other little mods i mentioned earlier. might call em...

Edited by qikstagea

• 2 weeks later...

I have been talking to Zac (Slidewize Imports) about Stagea body kits. The big killer is freight, they are bulky (not heavy) and so freight is expensive. I want to get a MASA front grill and a pair of genuine DAYZ side skirts to match my DAYZ front bumper and rear spoiler.

What Zac has suggested is if we Stagea owners get together and buy a few body kits that can be shipped all at once. For example he reckons 3 or 4 sets of side skirts won't cost much more than 1 set to ship. Bonnets would be similar, as well as rear spoilers, front guards.

Not necessarily the same body kits, can be from different suppliers. Zac will buy and consolidate them and then do one shipment. They don't even have to be new parts, there have been quite few on Yahoo recently.

So what's the level of interest? Maybe copy and fill in the table, that will make it easier to consolidate;

Supplier -

Part -

Cost in Yen -

Web Site Link -

:( cheeers :)

PS; here is mine;

Supplier - MASA

Part - Stagea WGCN34 S1 Grill

Cost in Yen - 31,290

Web Site Link -http://www.masamotorsports.com/

Supplier - DAYZ

Part - Stagea WGCN34 S1 Blue side Steps

Cost in Yen -

Web Site Link - Anbody have a link to the DAYZ web site?

Edited by Sydneykid

I have been talking to Zac (Slidewize Imports) about Stagea body kits.  The big killer is freight, they are bulky (not heavy) and so freight is expensive.

Yes freight is a killer because Slidewize "buy" container space of Rampant Performance, therefore your paying two lots of freight expense.

So if u guys want to do this, l'd suggest you organise what u want, and l'll speak to aaron @ rampant to get us the best deal possible. I've known aaron for quiet a number of years, and he already is importing me a few bits n pieces (not just from yahoo jp either) which will be arriving in a couple of different containers over the next couple of months. (one being my wang which is in a container in customs atm!! :D:P )

hahaha :lol: Your wang...lol

Anyways, I would like probably either a 260rs bodykit or a DAYZ kit. Anyone got any links for me? You think aaron could find one for me [sTAGEN]?