SAU Community

boost gauges fitted where head units sit

DJ_L3ThAL

where can i get gauges to fit in a slot where a head unit normally sits as i have an empty spot after installing my new stereo, or can ya get like a plastic holder tray thingy to just put small pieces of paper, a little mobile phone and other miscellaneous items as a small storage type thing, its just i dont want a gaping hole in my centre console :rolleyes: and if you can get this stuff, where and how much ?

have u ever seen the inside of a GTR before? u do realise that u can buy the 3 guage cluster that sits in there... probably expensive unless u can find one second hand at a decent rate. im sure if u hunt around u can find something

I've seen someone on SDU manage to squueze 3 52mm gauges in the centre bit under the stereo.

Looked great. It was a very very tight fit, and I think he had to angle the gauges towards the driver slightly to fit them in!!!!

The problem with getting the GTR center doova is that it goes right up the top where the air con is. It has that corner bit (top right) missing to fit in there, but so does the air con :D

So if you move the air con down, or put the GTR doova under the air con, the middle one will have the corner piece missing as well.....

Another thing about the GTR console is that it takes 42 or 45mm gauges, which are hard to find. And there's no use using the GTR gauges cause it has the 4wd gauge on it which will be usless on a GTS-t :)

J

also jsut wondering,i have a pioneer 6450 head unit that i just installed today and i mounted it with the two standard screw holes on the bracket, and its a good 2 cms in the dash so its ugly at the moment, whats the best way of bringing it forward to fit snugly to the front ?

Or you could try this:

*3 Gauges on top

*Air vents

*Climate Control

*A/M Single din stereo

*Centre-console-plastic-compartment-holder-thingy-doova-tray-box

*Cig lighter / ash tray...

Just an idea :wave:

ps. the tray fits a mobile / charger / handsfree or small sunnies, but probably not all at once :) [a single din-sized box]

i dont mind the original, its better than any other car i have seen, but until i come across one i like better im sticking with the original, but i know i do need a new boot for my handbrake and possibly even the gear knob as they are pretty ****ed :P

btw just successfully install my two front 6"ers yesterday i did the head unit and the amp in the bootr, now im off to bunnings to get some MDF to raise my 6x9s on the back aprc el shelf, not to mention carpet it, boy o boy this is gunna be a pretty big job :)