SAU Community

My First Post And First Skyline

thirty four

just wanted to introduce myself to the forum, just recently purchased my first skyline, its a 2000 model r34 gt-t, i bought it from powerplay imports in sydney and must say they were fantastic people to deal with, after 18mths or so of saving up its great to finally realise my dream, ive posted a few photos of my car and look forward to hopefully meeting a few of you on various cruises over the summer!

post-24902-1132668422.jpg

post-24902-1132668456.jpg

post-24902-1132668487.jpg

post-24902-1132668526.jpg

V.nice indeed... damn Id luv a R34 (4door) tiptronic Neo, but needed the wagon for the family. They are such great value at the moment as well.

Well done, see you out there somestage.

thanks for all the kind words guys, one quick question, i bought the car unregistered and it is currently on an unregistered vehicle permit which runs out tomorrow, i know when changing all cars from one state rego to another it has to go through regency and the car does have a few defectable items on it (turbo timers, pedals etc) would it be in my best interests to replace/remove these items or just leave them on when they go through the process of checking the engines numbers and what else they do exactly?

hahhaha, thats a big question, check out the sticky thread Regency Experiences.

In short, take off what you can (hide turbo timer, take off pedals etc) and go to Sturt Rd RTA. Much nicer to deal with, and more relaxed, than Regency.

They'll just want to determine VIN engine numbers etc, but have power to defect if they see fit. Regency will bend you over a barrel if they can....

Brendan

wheels look fine shouldnt have to bother with those, just call up and check how wide your wheels can be that would be the only issue, ride height looks fine, if slightly larger probably worth changing but i got my old car through with 16x8 when 7 was the max legal width, all depends on if you get someone who likes your car theyll let it slip, change all mods tho as they will rip you a new a#$hole if they spot those and wont see you driving around for ages

hey welcome dude as they said take out all aftermarket stuff BUT one of my mates did the same bought a car from QLD and just went to rego office and the lady just changed over plates then and there no questions asked

very lucky..

catch ya round