SAU Community

Nismo Braided Brake Lines

I am after a set of braided brake lines for my R33 gtst. Can get the Nismo set delivered for about $280 which isn't too bad. But the question is, are they legal?? From the small pic I can not tell wether there is a rubber boot or whatever you need to meet the adr requirements. But because they are Nissan products does that make them legal cause they are factory produced??

Cheers

post-1114-1133555726.jpg

Nismo is not the same as Nissan.

and I believe they are NOT adr approved and thus not legal.

i had a set of braided lines made up by a hose mob, and they have the lines stamped to ensure it complies with adr.

Whoops, posted the wrong link. Try this one:

http://www.maltech.com.au/ultimatebrakehoses.html

What makes Maltech Ultimate Brake Hoses Street Legal? 

After many years of development and testing, the BrakeQuip style of stainless braided brake hose became the first to successfully pass the ADR testing here in Australia. On completion of the testing the hoses were issued a Component Registration Number CRN 30886 by the Department of Transport and Regional Services These numbers can be seen on the insert on both ends of every hose we produce.

Maltech's use of the BrakeQuip brake hose manufacturing system has allowed them to become an Authorised Manufacturer of BrakeQuip Stainless Steel Braided Brake Hoses.

yes but the nismo lines are completely covered so they will not rub on any other lines, or metal parts. it also makes them less likely to fail as over time uncovered braided lines get small bits of dirt etc ground in through the gaps in the braid, it then can rub away at the line.