SAU Community

Twin Exhaust On Gtr

96GTRman

Has anyone? or

Doe's anyone ..

know if there would be an advantage to runnning twin exhausts straight from the turbo to the tailpipe. ( each getting their own cat and muffler )

and would it sound nice ?????/

sb

I want it to purr like it does with standard exhaust, but gain some power.

will run them next to each other and ad a crossover later if it sounds crap.

Have a theory that the early turbo will create back pressure to the late turbo if the pipes are joined. Could be wrong, dont know too much about cars but would like to try it.

sb..

appart from the extra weight and difficulty in getting decent size pipe diameters to fit it is going to allow more head room for flow potentially.

As for sound? who cares. The sound of power is an easy one to get used to. It will sound different to a single if it makes more power then it sounds better in my opinion. For those hung up on sound why not get rid of the turbo and go NA with a set of extractors (thats where your logic will end up).

It will sound crap. There is no "if"

early turbo and late turbo? a RB26 isnt a sequentially turbo'd motor

Thanks for that, sounds like you saved me some greif, I allways thought they were identical turbos but someone recently told me they weren't. I thought they might be wrong cos i had never read anything like that.

cheers for the help!!

they are identical turbos mate, not sequentialy staged. Providing of course you own a GTR i suggest you run outside and have a look under the bonnet. or drive it. then tell us if you think it's sequential turbo or not.

they are identical turbos mate, not sequentialy staged. Providing of course you own a GTR i suggest you run outside and have a look under the bonnet. or drive it. then tell us if you think it's sequential turbo or not.

oh yes! its a GTR, took it for a couple of hot laps around the block just to make sure, he he.

No i dont think they are sequential.

wish you could just throw one on to see what it sounds like.

according to ylwgtr2 it sounded like a superbike :)

I don't think that sounds shit..

EDIT* Just read your edited post.

Guess you would know then..

Edited by Josh

I will have a twin exhaust on my RB26 in approx 6-8 weeks should chrissy not get too expensive

And this is from a person who has done this just a little more than once...

cross-over to balance it or it does sound... yuk!

originally you said a twin system would sound crap.now you are getting one but it will only sound good with a balance pipe.I guess then type/placement/diameter/brand of mufflers/resonators/cats etc is irrelevant : "they will all all sound crap"