SAU Community

How Much Is A Hr30 Pnv Worth?

Zapata

Well It's come to the time where I am thinking about selling :) my 84 HR30 Paul Newman Version. Other things, like buying a house need funding and the PNV is a good way to start.

So what do people think one is worth at the moment?

Cheers.

Edited by Zapata

Well a few pics can be found here

and basic specs are:

1984 HR30 Paul Newman Version

Bog stock L20ET

160,XXX Km's

Manual

Power Windows, Mirros & Steering

Cruise Control

Upgraded Stero (head unit, 6inch splits alround, amp, small sub)

Cheers.

i wouldnt mind knowing what they're worth either....

i hate to say it but 6-7000 would be a good price, expect less, DRs 7-8000, its all in how much they are wiling to pay..

i believe the dr30 is worth more than the hr31, and they will hold there value longer..

Edited by rsx84

Surely its worth more than that.. I would have thought that an ordinary HR30 would be in that price range, a DR a bit more and then a PNV at least equal toa DR if not more.

But as you say.. its all about finding someone willing to pay the cash for it.

You gotta find an ENTHUSIAST that wants it for it's nostalgic rarety value. I was offered $10,000 for mine about 12 months ago, but told him to go away, he didn't have enough money, but your going to get your best price when it's not for sale.

When it's FOR SALE people wont pay what it's worth because of you needing to get rid of it, but remember when you do to let me know where it goes so I can upgrade my register.

Cheers,

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
we can do it here eh.

yeah ebay japan or something may be a good idea

I think ebay is a great thing for selling most things but for cars I am not so sure. Before I sold the PNV to Zapata I put it on ebay and "sold" it. However the "buyer" was a kid who had no money and used a school email account to register on ebay. Negative feedback is not enough of a sanction to stop some fools bidding and wasting your time. Although it is a binding contract, trying to enforce it on someone with no money is obviously an issue.

The one good thing about ebay is that it gives you the opportunity to cheaply advertise the car with heaps of photos and a long description.

As for the value of a PNV, as with all cars at the moment you will struggle to get a reasonable price. Hell you can get a GTR for less than 20 grand now, R32 GTS-T's can be had for less then 10 grand and R33 GTS-T's are rapidly approaching that price for an early stock one. A PNV is still a 1983 leaded petrol car with hardly scintillating performance and spares are not available at your local Autobarn. As PNV's dont have the racing heritage the DR30's have in this country they will never be in the same price range, despite their rarity.

As for the value of a PNV, as with all cars at the moment you will struggle to get a reasonable price. Hell you can get a GTR for less than 20 grand now, R32 GTS-T's can be had for less then 10 grand and R33 GTS-T's are rapidly approaching that price for an early stock one. A PNV is still a 1983 leaded petrol car with hardly scintillating performance and spares are not available at your local Autobarn. As PNV's dont have the racing heritage the DR30's have in this country they will never be in the same price range, despite their rarity.

that's probably about right. The DR30 is the most significant model in Aus, most performance oreiented, and most desireable because of their Japanese street cred. I think the later is more relevant to most people who buy them in here.

I've been trying to sell my HR30 for a little while and had no idea how much to put on it, so I started high at $7000 and dropped it to $5500 the second time I advertised it, and there's still no interest in it. I think I'll just hang onto it. It looks great, drives well, and I've always liked them since I was a kid and saw one parked at the local shopping centre and wondered what it was... So it's probably worth more to me than what I'd get for it (in terms of how much I like it, not how much I've spent). As ghostrider said, they're only really worth anything to an enthusiast who particularly likes/wants a HR30.

And despite the rarity of PNV's, they don't seem to be highly sought after mainly because they aren't particularly common knowledge - I've never heard of them before I found this site, and I've always been into Datsuns. Of course, if you can find the right sucker - sorry, buyer - that all changes. :O Chances are the people who respond to an ad for a HR30 PNV, won't even know what those last initials stand for.

The question inevitably arises... why paul newman?

Just for the ill informed.

Paul Newman has been racing Nissan/Datsun cars for a long time, like a very long time before entering into The Newman Haas Champ Car/Indy Car Team.

He won the USGTCC in a Bob Sharp Sponsored 280ZX Turbo, he also campaigned an R30 derivative (see my avatar) very successfully for a while and hence he was invited by Nissan for the signature series of the Limited Edition HR30 Skyline. I

It was a luxury package vehicle, not a performance package as the DR was and is and will probably be the rarest of all Skylines.

Only 2000 were made in various forms and only 5 ever made it downunder to Australia. Some others made it to NZ the land of the long white cloud, but numbers, nobody is sure of.

For my money, my car will never be sold and I would probably buy Zeb's only that I'm considering the purchase of a new truck.

It was a luxury package vehicle, not a performance package as the DR was and is and will probably be the rarest of all Skylines.

I think people who own some of the Nismo special & NUR spec Skyline GTR which were only made in the low 100's as opposed to 1000's may disagree about the rarity issue. I also thought (and I will stand corrected if I am wrong) that there were 5000 PNV's made?