SAU Community

Weird Noise from behind dash

skyliner33wa

common prob - if its the same noise i'm thinking of, its the mechanism moving that opens/switches the vents.

you might notice sometimes your A/C will switch to blow only

on your feet when you hear this noise. not everytime tho.

i can sometimes stop mine from making this noise by cranking up

the fan speed to max and then down again. also changing from

FACE to FEET and back to FACE stops its

give this a try

Yeah, i have done that turned it up then down again, it does get rid of it, but it is friggen annoying, do you know what the exact problem is, what part etc.., It seems as though my car is starting to fall apart, first the right hand mirror wont fold in now the climate control pissing me off with it' weird noises!

thanks btw

I just had mine fixed. $20 for the part and $65 for an hours labour (didn't have to pay it though 'cause the dealer agreed to get it fixed when I bought the car). It's just a little cog inside a little black box. I had to get the new box 'cause no where had the cog. $20 bucks for the box or $5 for the cog if ya can find it.

Just go to an airconditioning place!

yep, i had that problem the other day. it was bit hot for a couple of days here in perth so i was giving my A/C a hammering. (usually a non-a/c person)

anyways i started it up in the morning, after leaving over nite, obviuosly durrr... when the car jumped to life there was this weird noise. i had a listen for a bit, and it seemd to go a way as the car warmed up.

Could have been acat... hehehehe

yeah.........i had that ac click click problem too after i quickly turned my climate on/off......its embarrasing......after 5 months and some praying it miraculously dissapeared......woohoo!!

heres another wierd noise that i hear from the dash....sounds like a hard drive or a comp calculating something....any ideas??