SAU Community

Front Pipe & Cat

R33 Impul

put your money back in your pocket with the high flow cat, it is as they say an oxymoron. Mine is not a high flow and I saved a few $$ I only replaced my stock one cause it was knackered and I broke the flange bolts off it doing the gearbox/clutch reinstall.

What did people pay for their front pipe + dump pipe ?

The only price ive been able to get so far (confirmed it will fit on my R33 GTS-T) is $350 + $350 for a 'mines copy' from www.japanesemotorsport.com.au

That seems alittle pricey for me. It would be atleast $800 just for it all up Ouch!

Custom Exhausts is in Ozzy Park. They installed my extractors on my old car and made an absolutely stunning stainless mandrel system on my mates integra. Was a few years back though, i presume theyre under the same management.

Or you could go Speedworks in Carbon Ct. But theyre quite busy at the moment and might not have the time for custom exhaust jobs.

If you wanna go the whole hog and get the dump pipe as well, id go for something japanese. I priced a HKS one up the other day that was only $75 more expensive than i was quote for a local custom job.

Remember, 70 yen to the dollar is your friend :P

Red17

how loud are these screamer pipes anyways,

or does it make the whole exhaust roar alot more,

anyone with any enlightenment

i really should be getting back to exhaust dynamics soon to get mine done. he seemed cheap and definately knew what he was talking about

I have the Cat back and front pipe on my car, i'm looking for a dump pipe in the near future..

I'm still with standard cat also.

I've heard that not having a high-flow cat can limit the amount of boost you can run with a bleed valve??

ie. My mate got a turbosmart boost controller on his 180, and they said he needed a high-flo cat to get a full 12psi, as it's peaking at 12, then dropping to 10psi ?

Any truth in this ?

Could explain why my "home-made" jobbie that gave troy 10psi, isn't working on my car (still at 7psi)

-Kym.

I'm getting my high flow cat and 3" dump pipe done at MagicTune in Cannington. $520 for both, stainless steel, mandrel bends. I got a quote from a guy next door to Extreme machines, which was $500. He said he would do one pipe instead of two. I'm getting way out of my depth here, all too technical, but I went with the first quote because they are closer to home.

the guy next to extreme machines is wayne(willeton exhausts)

and i cannot tell you how much this guy knows

because theres too mcuh too tell lol

i never knew bout him till i checked out extreme machines and they were hell praising him so i thought i would go and check him out and now i realise why they praised him so much coz he does a absolute ripper of a job,he is the one who replaced my piping from the cat to back of muffler to straight 3"! i'm goin back there soon to get my twin dump pipe and high flow cat done, might ask if he can make me a cat-out pipe ;) so anyways yeah i just thought i would let ya know i recommend him 100% adrian :(

twin dump pipe? Have you got two turbos or do you mean a pipe for the turbine and one for the wastegate? (this type I don't reccomend for the stock turbo).

The de-cat pipe is a great idea, and so is a flame thrower pipe to attach,