SAU Community

Jun 2.7l Stroker Build Underway (hks T04z)

i like the work you have done but whats with the valves?..are they standard?

heres what a good head job looks like,i hope this helps a few if there thinking of doing head work.

Hey this is very nice. Looks the the quech area has been rounded off for the valves. I've seen this before, I'm impressed. Anyone else seen this stuff before?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure, as the gearbox wont shift above 9k rpm and i need oversize pulleys to prevent blowing the air con compressor up and to slow down the power steering and water pump (n1 which flows less already so might get hot in traffic with an oversize pulley and cruising speeds)

i think the need for over 9k rpm wont be very often as it is going to be a street car and not a drag/track car, so i need it reliable in traffic as much as possible, i have another daily driver, so wont be drivin it more than 1-2 times a week for cruises on weekends, or maybe the occasional thrash after work :O

the tuner i am using, does race/rally cars, and high power street cars, currently his best hp is just under 700hp at the wheels from an evo 6 i think (2L turbo)

just sorting all the fuel lines at the moment, and god damn they are pricey  ;)

spent $400 on turbo braided lines for water and oil

another $350+ on fuel lines and fittings

and i still havent got everything yet.  B)

cheers

Brad

Hey Brad,

I know what youre going thru with the braid and fittings; i must have spent about $1800 at earls this month on water, oil and fuel fittings!

Ive done a bit of research, and ive found that the teflon lined braided hose from Earls (Speed Flex its called) is the go for fuel. Everyone ive spoken to who have used normal braid have ended up with terrible fuel smell in the boot or cabin. If youve got the earls catalogue, you'll see that they have disclaimers everywhere about the use of high octane fuels with their conventional braid. Also, the Speed flex is graphite (?) lined so as to prevent the built up of static electricity. The braid is about $6/m more and the fittings are about 20 - 30% more but i feel its worth it.

Or they sell aluminium tubing that can be formed into shape for fuel lines with aluminium tubing adapters.

Just a thought.

Shaun.

Hey Brad,

I know what youre going thru with the braid and fittings; i must have spent about $1800 at earls this month on water, oil and fuel fittings!

Ive done a bit of research, and ive found that the teflon lined braided hose from Earls (Speed Flex its called) is the go for fuel. Everyone ive spoken to who have used normal braid have ended up with terrible fuel smell in the boot or cabin. If youve got the earls catalogue, you'll see that they have disclaimers everywhere about the use of high octane fuels with their conventional braid. Also, the Speed flex is graphite (?) lined so as to prevent the built up of static electricity. The braid is about $6/m more and the fittings are about 20 - 30% more but i feel its worth it.

Or they sell aluminium tubing that can be formed into shape for fuel lines with aluminium tubing adapters.

Just a thought.

Shaun.

yes ive used the teflon fuel braided line and fittings to suit :) thanks for the warning :) total ive spent now is $1200 on fittings and line for water and oil lines for turbo, fuel lines and oil filter relocator. looks the goods but ;)

also my valves r stock sizes.

Hey this is very nice. Looks the the quech area has been rounded off for the valves. I've seen this before, I'm impressed. Anyone else seen this stuff before?

i had the guys at rams head service in windsor in sydney do the work for me,they also did the head for mario(gtr-700),when the guys at jun seen the work they were inpressed,i supplied all jun gear,there cost of machning,assembly match porting the plenum,seal and settings,flow test,the lot was $3800,some would say thats alot but i think for the figures it produced im more than happy.

i had the guys at rams head service in windsor in sydney do the work for me,they also did the head for mario(gtr-700),when the guys at jun seen the work they were inpressed,i supplied all jun gear,there cost of machning,assembly match porting the plenum,seal and settings,flow test,the lot was $3800,some would say thats alot but i think for the figures it produced im more than happy.

Wow all the pretty pics, but the real question is what does it flow

A top head shop in Perth flow tested an East coast big name head for an RB26 a few weeks ago and found it quite poor.

The shop didnt use a flow bench but said I know the tricks and dont need one.I'd want flow figures on a big dolla head.

• 2 weeks later...

its about a week from being finished and ready to book it in for the initial run in tune :huh:

heres a few pics of some interesting bits....

109_0926.jpg

109_0929.jpg

this is the coilpack setup with 6 msd coilpacks mounted under the coil cover neatly

109_0940.jpg

heres one of the cooler pipes in all its shining glory, polished like a mirror ;)

109_0950.jpg

under the stagea, and remote oil filter setup is shown, and 9L sump

109_0959.jpg

109_0961.jpg

wastegate exhaust outlet pipe vented to the atmosphere :)

109_0967.jpg

thats all for the moment :)

Brad

its the sound of disappointment.....your last comment was "thats all for now"....so i responded "ohh".....i.e. i wanted to see more.

its getting very close now.

good luck with initial tune and run-in.

hehe, no worries thanx mate, and the oil filter is heaps out of the way above the swaybar almost so its got no hope off being hit as the sump/ xmember is way lower.

only bad issues is i got a stock gtr cooler on it at the moment, and no oil cooler (only 9L sump) so whats the opinions on that for the initial tune/and tune after run in of around 500rwhp.

might get an oil cooler, but im sure the gtr cooler could manage 500rwhp for the moment???

dangerous and risky or what? B)

hehe, no worries thanx mate, and the oil filter is heaps out of the way above the swaybar almost so its got no hope off being hit as the sump/ xmember is way lower.

only bad issues is i got a stock gtr cooler on it at the moment, and no oil cooler (only 9L sump) so whats the opinions on  that for the initial tune/and tune after run in of around 500rwhp.

might get an oil cooler, but im sure the gtr cooler could manage 500rwhp for the moment???

dangerous and risky or what?  B)

Yes power levels generate heat but.....its how long and hard you run them for that increases damage/wear. For run-in it wont be needed...we only ran a cooler on ours recently due to the drag calander running events in Nov. and Dec.

Factor in a cooler later as its easy to intstal because you have the relocator.

Are you running a Nismo thermostat ??

P.S. you thought i was having a go at you with the ohh comment....lol