SAU Community

Jun 2.7l Stroker Build Underway (hks T04z)

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow....alot of respect for your build mate....its not only painful to fork out the $$ but more so in the time it takes to get it together and on the road!!

but its worth it, at the end of the day u'll have an awesome setup!!

cant wait to see the figures it pumps out...its going to be a beast

Very nice conversion, may I ask what sort of money to build just the motor? (Pm if you like).. And why you went the JUN 2.7lt? And say not the Tomei 2.8lt? Or even HKS for that matter.

I'm currently looking at the Tomei 2.8lt, but are still in heavy research mode until my gtst goes to free up money, so I would love to hear pro’s and con’s and everyone’s opinion.

Very nice conversion, may I ask what sort of money to build just the motor? (Pm if you like).. And why you went the JUN 2.7lt? And say not the Tomei 2.8lt? Or even HKS for that matter.

I'm currently looking at the Tomei 2.8lt, but are still in heavy research mode until my gtst goes to free up money, so I would love to hear pro’s and con’s and everyone’s opinion.

Yeah im interested in some info too, alternatively, did you look into buying say a complete engine from Tomei/mines etc brad?

yes im leaving the standard harmonic (at the moment) which limits the rpm to under 9k but for 500rwhp i wont need to rev it that hard, and the engine parts i choose because they were offered to me second hand, and i want the revving nature of the 26 to remain, as ive had a rb30 and it was a truck engine in comparision (slow reving), but i've explained it all on page 1 and 2 of the thread, and cost of the entire engine and external parts, plus fuel system, ecu, and everything to make the power is over 40K if i bought the bits new, and ive spent over 30k in reciepts, and thats JUST PARTS, NO labour. (cause i saved 10k on the second hand bits, though they were unused and still in boxes).

now u can see y im abit anxious about the build :rant:

crank is limited to 11k for safety, and 13k rpm for extreme applications i've been told.

im abit annoyed i've spent soo much and only want 500rwhp at the moment as i've gone total overkill, and coulda used stock parts in the build, but i always want room for more power, and next target is the t04z's limit which is 700rwhp, and then i might get another larger turbo to push it even harder and get above 700rwhp. The engine combo is rated to 800-850rwhp or so with a trust t78 by the JUN head guy. or over 1000rwhp with a t88.

I cant imagine how hard it would be to tune an engine like that on the dyno. one little bit of knock that you cant even hear and BANG its blown up before you know it...

What im saying is that it takes serious tuning skill and knowledge to get a beast like that running to its potential...

Cheers,

Matt

PS - cant wait to see it roaring down the strip :)

Edited by MattSR

So what are you going to make the limiter assuming you change the balancer?

9500rpm?

And yeh you better have alot of faith in your tuner!

not sure, as the gearbox wont shift above 9k rpm and i need oversize pulleys to prevent blowing the air con compressor up and to slow down the power steering and water pump (n1 which flows less already so might get hot in traffic with an oversize pulley and cruising speeds)

i think the need for over 9k rpm wont be very often as it is going to be a street car and not a drag/track car, so i need it reliable in traffic as much as possible, i have another daily driver, so wont be drivin it more than 1-2 times a week for cruises on weekends, or maybe the occasional thrash after work :P

the tuner i am using, does race/rally cars, and high power street cars, currently his best hp is just under 700hp at the wheels from an evo 6 i think (2L turbo)

just sorting all the fuel lines at the moment, and god damn they are pricey :P

spent $400 on turbo braided lines for water and oil

another $350+ on fuel lines and fittings

and i still havent got everything yet. B)

cheers

Brad