SAU Community

My First Skyline

Hi guys i have just bought my first Skyline and i am wondering what mod to buy next to increase my cars BHP.My cars is sitting at arround 300BHP @0.9 psi.It has a cat back HKS super dragger exhaust,GTR cams,in car boost,boost gauge,HKS induction kit,blitz dump vaule and a full GTR body kit with 18s.I am not sure if i should buy an upgraded head gasket so i can use more boost or buy a bigger turbo.Can someone pls help? Thanks

post-25035-1134835031.jpg

post-25035-1134835226.jpg

And what sort of intercooler is it running? 0.9psi? you mean 0.9 bar, or 9psi? GTR camshafts or cam gears? I forgot the conversion for BHP, but what sort of power do you want to end up with?

As a rule of thumb, 12psi is relatively "safe" for boost, but expect a lesser life-span of the turbo. (personally I wouldn't push it past 10psi)

It sounds like an aftermarket ECU might be one of the next steps, along with a tune. Once the basic mods have been done, as you have already, tuning the AFR's can give a reasonable amount of extra grunt.

If you're looking for BIG gains, then perhaps an uprated turbo swapout, along with fuel-pump, regulator and injectors... but you'd still need to have the aftermarket ECU fitted to tune it all.

impact blue! =-o

"There's a party in my pants and you're invited"

"Instead of changing up to 3rd, I pulled the handbrake on, and didn't realise what I was doing "

"It is 12.38am on Wednesday 23 November 2005. I am lying, nekid, on my bed. "

"Then I had a laser hair removal appointment for the… erm… nether regions."

Your site is a dirty read! =-D

bhp is pretty much the same figuire as HP. with 300HP you probably have a larger turbo. If your dont have a front mounted cooler then someone lied to you about its power because there is no way it would be 300HP with a stock cooler or stock turbo.

btw. Nice wheels, got me a set :P

Edited by krzysiu

impact blue! =-o

"There's a party in my pants and you're invited"

"Instead of changing up to 3rd, I pulled the handbrake on, and didn't realise what I was doing "

"It is 12.38am on Wednesday 23 November 2005. I am lying, nekid, on my bed. "

"Then I had a laser hair removal appointment for the… erm… nether regions."

Your site is a dirty read! =-D

I'm a bit baffled at what that has to do with this guy wanting to increase his car's HP

i doubt it would make that much power by the sound of it. u r runnin stock turbo right without a FMIC?? as someone said, even running 9 psi will reduce your lifespan of the turbo without a good cooling system. so maybe get yourself a FMIC?? since ur runnin a cat back exhaust system, maybe get a high-flow cat and a high-flow dump pipe?? get these basic things done b4 u go crazy. just my opnion any way.

Edited by frankxy

A front mount intercooler would be a worthy upgrade, 0.9 bar is about the efficient sort of boost a R33 with a standard turbo should run, consider some sort of engine management, possibly a piggy back computer (ie. SAFC-II) or a complete stand alone (ie. PowerFC, Microtec etc.) to margine for more power if your aiming for in the future.

350bhp @ the wheels is probably a desirable figure and sensible figure to target for one stock internals on lower boost otherwise expect costly engine rebuilds in the near future.

Btw I have never heard of an RB25 powered car that could make 300bhp on a stock turbo and especially impossible if a FMIC is not present. Unless your running something stupid like NOS or methanol injection :P

My 2 cents

in terms of BHP and HP

think Of KW at the engine then RWKW

Ie

BHP = Usable power aka RWKW

Hp = power at the engine

hows the new line treating you randy by the way?

Edited by Dingo

Paul!? "the street with the xmas lights" Paul? or "SR20DET" Paul?

It's been pretty good man! Few things here and there, but i'm enjoying the ride =-]

From what I quickly researched, brake horses and HP are pretty much the same thing, but kw to hp is always 2/3rds. So this guy has about 220kw, whether it's at the fly or wheels, we don't know. Interesting to see it put your way though, and I guess that's probably about right for the powerloss in most cars. Unless we start talking auto's.