SAU Community

30th Aug cruise! CHANGE OF MEETING POINT!!! Read

whatsisname

Hey guys i would like to come cruising in my torana with u guys more often but its not set up for cornering in the hills etc.

Maybe we can organise some friendly local cruises around the streets of adelaide etc. Prob is with 4.56 gears in the diff she only does about 175 kph flat out @ 7500 rpm if u get my drift :]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well Joel i dont have a skyline its a Torana.

4.56 nine inch diff , good for 1200 hp

Yes its got plenty of power for a SIX cyl but 170kph max is not very good for victor harbour cruises with u guys, maybe ill con John to take me in his R34 or go a little slower not like 250kph then i might go and be able to keep up.:confused:

Originally posted by Munro

Brute - love ya ute mate - looks tough. Dyno day sounds good.

I'm interested in doing exhaust/computer like yours at some stage

Thanks Munro, ET did the zorst and Martin the tune and Manta the rest :)

but hey I'd love to have the R34 GTR in my shed :)

cheers

Yeah its Cammed up real BIG solid cam and 5000 stall 3 speed auto. Also has drag suspension so these hills cruises r pretty useless for me unless u dont do 200+ kph and with john around i think thats impossible. I like cruising but not when u guys just go 200 kph and leave me behind. dont get me wrong i dont mid hills etc but most cars out handle mine by far and im not gonna crash it trying to keep up. So if some guys r just casual cruisers " Its Not A Race" ill gladly come along. But if u intend to race around the hills well ill stay home.:D

Brad - DONT BE WEAK!

Your car is sick and you know it.

Besides, you can come with me anyway & keep your rocket

for blasting round the 'burbs & scaring people.

You know - it was YOU the cops heard going past the BP the other

night. Your car is a weapon. I doubt anyone will be doing 200kph

on the hills cruise. Hmmm. Okay- maybe a few will. But, we will

have planned passing spots so everyone can lead for a while.

GTRhead.

GTR King.

If we were to go through the hills i'd be sitting with you as i don't really like hammering around the hills.

Well ok I Lie...

the problem is I get screamed at by the other half sitting in the passenger seat. :lol:

But I don't mind.. I havn't got suspension any how as I like the hard launches and soft ride :D

Is your car able ot handle a medium pace GTR KING?

I'm not really sure how the drag setups affect the handling side of things.

Yeah i can cruise at 130kph @ around 5500rpm car loves those revs, does handle reasonable eg can still corner but the shockers r 90-10`s so it tends to lift the front end to transfer weight to rear wheels , that can be a problem if u hit a bump going around a corner as u loose grip easy with the weight transfer.

I am still considering going if ppl dont leave me behind even if i do 130kph but i would get lost as i dont know my way around those hills. So if some one wants to stick with me and knows where to go ill consider it. I bet traffic would hold most of u guys up anyway. Do as i do blow past em @ 121 decebels and scare the **** outa them and watch them swerve heheh.:D

You might say I'm a very concious driver of speeding.

I flatten it to the speed limit but don't like sitting on 130.

I may hit 130 quickly accelerating out of a corner but i usually back off.... USUALLY :D

Mind you thats probably why i've only ever got 3 speeding tickets.

First one I got just off my P's was 134 in a 110 zone.

71 in a 60 and 74 in a 60..

:D

I just wanna know some one will cruise along with me so i dont get lost. Yeah sure ill give it some squirts myself but not gonna race round corners like Peter Brock i mean Munro hehe.

So if u e willing to hang with me so i dont get lost ill be in for it.

Im not gonna do 50 kph trust me.

I'm sure there will be plenty of peeps taking it reasonably easy. Especially seeing a few of us won't know the roads too well. :)

The maniacs can fly ahead and the rest will catch up at meeting points :lol:

GFXman