SAU Community

Q45 Throttle Body Install.

Daboss

Hey forum!!! As topic states I need a little help wiring the q45 throttle body to a series 2 rb25det. I already have the grey plug wired to the rb25 tps plug, but I am stumped as what to do with the wires that go to the black box on the side of the throttle body. A tutorial said to integrate into wiring but doesn't state how to. Can someone please explain to me what to do with the three wires that come out of that black sensor? Thanks.

There are two plugs on the TPS, one on the flying lead, and the other onthe TPS body.

There are two corresponding plugs on your loom. Simply plug them in. As per the tutorial you will possibly have to cut the loom to make things the right length and tidy things up a bit.

There are two plugs on the TPS, one on the flying lead, and the other onthe TPS body.

There are two corresponding plugs on your loom. Simply plug them in. As per the tutorial you will possibly have to cut the loom to make things the right length and tidy things up a bit.

Wow you totally lost me. Let me tell you what I did. So far I have spliced the grey plug off the q45 to the brown plug off the series 2 rb25. Now I need to know what to do with the plug that comes off the black sensor of the q45.

There are a couple of threads around

This one might help

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Q4...html&hl=q45

Ok do you see the picture in the link you sent. That grey wire I have wired up already, that part is fine. It is just that little black box that is on the side of the throttle body, I want to know what to do with the wires that come from there. That part I do not get is, the tutorial says to integrate the stock wires into the vq45 plug(with a pic of that black box above it). How do I do that? Can someone just say were to connect the wires of the plug that will be coming from the little black box. The grey plug is all wired up and everything is good with that.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Q45-T-b-t118484.html

That is the link to the tutorial I followed, just need to know what to do with the wires that come from the black sensor.

I asked the question on nico club .com, and I got a response, "you don;t need to worry about that plug. it goes to one of the big white plugs near the ecu that aren't used"

I have had mine Running with only 1 plug connected, it seem to run fine, but After 4 laps on the track, the turbo exhaust housing got way to hot and is now stuffed (warped).

Don't know if it has anything to do with how the TPS is hooked up, but that was the only thing I have changed and the car was fine before. :)