SAU Community

Aftermarket Projector Headlights Problem

Sorry in advance if there was any silly questions in here. So I got these projector headlights on ebay. Here's the link

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Sale-G35-V35-03-07-Coupe-CCFL-Angel-Eye-Projector-HEADLIGHT-Black-for-INFINITI-/331865255678?nav=SEARCH

The headlights are good and so. Somehow the stock D2R light bulbs fit in the projector and the light pattern comes out funny as in the photo on the right side. I then bought a pair of aftermarket HID 8000k D2S which costed me $49 each and the light pattern comes out exactly the same as the stock one (left side). The light output is also quite dim. I know 8000k would give less brightness but even the stock 5000k is not that bright either.

Can anyone tell what would be the cause of this weird light pattern? I'm damn frustrated. Thanks in advance.

c89c7d940db6eb20b280db73d457e9d0.jpg

Typical after market eBay headlight. The specs say the projectors takes D2S bulb, but are probably modded halogen projectors. At least it's RHD.

Also typical shitty blue bulbs.

You have the option of opening those headlights up and replacing the low beam D2S projector with something better.

You'll have to measure up the projector and then figure out which projector can fit in there. A Morimoto Mini D2S should go in with minimal mods.

Use the OEM bulbs and ballast. If you want a bit bluer light, get the Osram Cool Blue Intense (Philips 85122 is good enough for me though).

• Like 1