SAU Community

Carzon alarm

WYTSKY

Hey guys,

I've had a basic Carzon alarm (CZ-600) installed in my car for over a decade and it's worked fine. All of a sudden the central locking has died, only when locking.

I know the relays are working (I hear them clicking when I unlock and lock) and the door locking mechanisms are working as when I hit unlock on the remote the doors unlock and if I manually lock the drivers door the passenger side locks. I tested the wires at the back of the control unit and when I click unlock I get 12v on my multi-meter but when I click lock the wire that should get 12v is getting nothing.

I wanted to know if anyone has an old unit lying around I can use to test or perhaps sell? Just trying to avoid buying another alarm and doing all the wiring.

Thanks.

carzon_cz_600_b.jpg

You tried contacting the Carzon business owner in Dandenong?

My unit was only installed this year inc an alarm.

I'll pm his number if you want it.

Cheers

I had exactly the same problem with my R33 and it turned out to be a faulty actuator in the drivers door.

Most systems just have 1 alarm actuator in the drivers door which in turn moves the factory actuator and locks and unlocks the other doors using the factory actuators. The problem with mine was that my alarm actuator was sticking and moving enough to trigger the factory system to lock, I lubed it with silicone spray and it worked for a few more days but the I replaced it with a new one. You can remove it and match it up fairly easily at autobahn or jay car, normaly either a 2 wire ( slave ) or 4 wire (master) . They are mostly held in with 2 screws and a little block arrangement that connects them too the factory door lock. 

Thanks, I did pull the door cover off the other day while tracing wires thinking it was the actuator, but when I realized I wasn't getting any signal I figure it will be electrical, and it's unlocking perfectly fine, I get a good solid click and the little lock flicks out the whole way to show it's unlocked.