SAU Community

My r31 skyline wont idle

Hey guys, i recently changed the transmission on my r31. since doing this the car wont start at first i thought something wasnt plugged in so i dropped the trans and double checked and made sure of everything being plugged in. still no luck so i though it was the fuel, i added fuel and yet again no luck.

the car had been on jack stands sitting at a funny angle with the engine being the lowest point of the car. before the trans got changes the car started first kick and never failed, i have no idea what the problem could be.

Edited by lachie.ga
get more attention from people

Sounds like a neutral switch problem. Its a safety so the car wont start in anything buy park or neutral. Was it always neutral? If you have a diagram of what all your relays are then look at that and see if there is a neutral start relay. You can check if it clicks when you move in and out of neutral

Just guessing. Cant remember if it stops the car cranking or just firing.

Can you hear the injectors clicking when cranking? Have you checked for spark?

• Like 1

it starts and runss for about a second so it defiantly gets spark and cranks over. it just wont idle i dont know if it is because the fuel filter might be clogged with the fuel from the bottom of the fuel tank?