SAU Community

Programming A New Key For V36

Hi guys,

I've got another fob for my 2006 V36 and I went (twice) to Ferntree Gully Nissan to program it.

They could not program it without GTR technician as there is some security key (I believe NATS requires special card to program these models), went one more time today but no luck (I am not sure they really tried as this attempt was much shorter than previous), so they recommended me to talk to Infiniti people.

I have spoken to Inifiniti service but they turned to be completely useless, although they're selling the same car (G37) and definitely have Consult III

Now I'm kind of stuck. Anyone knows a Nissan dealer in Melbourne who is capable of programming a fob?

Just to let you know that I got mine done at City Nissan in November around $300 ish for the job, I had to purchase a blank key then they had the car for a day to get the special codes, then they sent the request over to Japan for the key code and then they contacted me two/four weeks later and dropped the car in for the day and all was great. I now have two fully working keys!

They have just moved to Abbotsford/Collingwood.

Call 03 8383 8800.

Hi guys,

I've got another fob for my 2006 V36 and I went (twice) to Ferntree Gully Nissan to program it.

They could not program it without GTR technician as there is some security key (I believe NATS requires special card to program these models), went one more time today but no luck (I am not sure they really tried as this attempt was much shorter than previous), so they recommended me to talk to Infiniti people.

I have spoken to Inifiniti service but they turned to be completely useless, although they're selling the same car (G37) and definitely have Consult III

Now I'm kind of stuck. Anyone knows a Nissan dealer in Melbourne who is capable of programming a fob?

Ferntree Gully Nissan did mine 3 years ago but they also supplied the key. How old is your V?

Wow it must have been the biggest hassle for them to do.

Sheesh, I must have been lucky.

on a side note I have found Paul at Osaka Imports helpful in sourcing 2006 V36 350GT SP parts.

I was told they need some key (20-digit or 12-digit, don't remember exactly) to program it using their tools

I thought once you've got consult 3 plus immo key card you don't need any codes as the tool goes into Chuck Norris mode and allow you to program any key.

Edited by Zveruga

haas just came across this looking at replacing the headlights of the V36 this weekend.

I have not tried this and I won't as I have working keys and don't want to stuff anything. (have I sold it enough yet too you!)

http://infinitihelp.com/diy/common/infiniti_reprogram_key_fob.php

this could just be for the infiniti however found we have a lot of the same setups.

Or just have a quick trip to SA and have a chat with Eye Candy!.

Without Smart Entry System

1. Close and lock all doors with the driver's side power lock/unlock switch.

2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six times within 10 seconds. Your Hazard Lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully. NOTE: Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time. If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.

3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position.

4. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the remote transmitter. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. NOTE: Do not press the button more than one time in the above step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.

5. If there are any remaining transmitters (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver's side power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the next remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. Repeat this step for each transmitter (including any existing transmitters).

6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver's side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door.

Thanks

Seems like the dealers aren't inclined to work on our imports as if they're looking to protect the local distribution channel. Stupid since they'll be getting paid for the service regardless. <br /><br />If I ever need to replace either of my two fobs, I think I'll have an easier time buying the security module for my Consult 3+ scan tool. Mongrels.

Without Smart Entry System

1. Close and lock all doors with the driver's side power lock/unlock switch.

Again.. this is for the central locking remote, not the immobiliser..

programming the immoboliser requires a trip to a dealer, or some sort of consult device if you have your BCM PIN

Again.. this is for the central locking remote, not the immobiliser..

programming the immoboliser requires a trip to a dealer, or some sort of consult device if you have your BCM PIN

Do you still need to know PIN if you have Consult III and the security card for immobilizer?

If it's that simple I'm thinking to buy Consult III and the card, make two fobs and sell both on eBay once done

Edited by Zveruga

not sure, but I think the dealer can program the immobiliser because they have the real Consult device and the NATS keycard and they don't need the PIN to do this.

I highly doubt you will be able to buy a NATS keycard as they are fairly tightly secured, and only available to dealers.

if you have the PIN, you can program NATS without the keycard.

Not exactly sure if this is the same for the 'intelligent keys/fob', but if Nissan go to that much trouble with keychip immobilisers then chances are the same security would be provided with the intelligent keys.