SAU Community

Sqeeking Noise When Depress Clutch

recce

Hi guys! Just wondering where can I go (in sydney) to fix the squeeking noise when I depressed the clutch. The noise seems to be coming from outside the car near the front right wheels. Might be the slave cyclinder? Thanks!

The slave is bolted to the right-hand side of the gearbox, but it's unlikely to be making a noise (It would probably have dropped all the brake/clutch fluid if it was). The clutch throw-out fork goes through the side of the 'box there so that could be it (might not be a simple fix, and its not advisable to spray lubricants though the hole, for obvious reasons). Try hitting the joints and linkages in the pedal box with some spray grease first. Otherwise, check with a bolty.

Rain shouldn't make a difference- it's unlikely to get wet there. The fork pivots on a iron nib thats screwed into the gear-case (this is inside the bellhousing). Being a post 91 model, my GT-R has a pull type clutch, so the set-up on the GTS-Ts will be different. It might be that pivot point that generates noise, or where the fork connects to the thrust bearing, or the thrust bearing itself (common source of noise [but not usually squeaks]). Check with a Mech, I would suggest. They won't charge you for a simple check like that.

i had the same problem before i got my HD clutch..... my mechanic put some high temp grease on everything.... it is SOOOO smooth and no noise now :D

oh yeah... head down to Petersham... see Mark at 328 stanmore rd petersham.... 9568 1700

tell him ed sent ya.... doodz also heads down there for his mechanical jobbies too.... all good mate...

Edited by Mr Ed32

Mine does it after it rains too.

Especially if the car is parked on grass.

I believe it's the throwout bearing squeaking on the shaft thingy inside the bell housing.... Drop the box and grease her up and it should stop squeaking.

also have the same problem but its on and off. i find that when i go for a drive and give it a bit of a hit it doesnt happen again until the engine cools. ill try the grease. hopefully it will work.

I found that my squeak was coming from worn bushes on the pivot points in the pedal box. Try some WD40 etc and if it still happens you may need to take it appart, grease it up and put it all back.

In my case the squeak came from temperature (cold) rather than rain.

I too - have the same problem.

Normally occurs in the first 5-10 mins after i start driving.

But then if you stick your head out the window at a set of traffic lights and depress teh pedal, sometimes the squeak can be heard!!

I'll try these suggestions and hopefully fix the bugger.

:P

• 4 weeks later...

I also have a clutch problem

I got a new clutch put in my car a few weeks back (exedy cushion button clutch)

Unfortunately i almost limped the car to melb where i was going to get it fixed properly but it was slipping too much about 300km short of melb so i had to get it done in a small country town. When i got it back it was direct driving, with clutch through the floor the wheels were turning with it on the hoist and could not put it into gear. I took it back in and he replaced a pin (longer one from a toyota hiace) and now my gears dont crunch but it is really stiff when changing gears...what is happening here? and how can i fix it...and while i am asking 50 questions (for anyone who has read this far) who can I go to? I am about to move to Sydney (eastern suburbs) and i want to get this fixed ASAP along with the install of

APEXi - AVC-R

Blitz - LM Intercooler

HKS - NEW version HKS cam pully

Nismo - Fuel Pump ECR33

Nismo - Fuel Regulator