SAU Community

Do You Trash Your Gtr?

Hey,

Just wonder how many other r32 GTR owners reguarily do 6500rpm+ launches, second gearies ect in their GTR?

mines got a twin plate and oil cooler ect, when i drive it like that it feels fine, as if it can handle being driven like that (plus its fun), where as in my other cars driving them in this manner felt like it was going to break stuff

the only thing i havent been game to try is 4wd doughies

so does every baby them around or what?

hahah i think the launches are hardest on the clutch... doesn't do much to the engine. tracking it puts the engine through its paces more, and there is no way you are going to make an engine work as hard on the street as you would on the track :)

i'm not sure what 'second gearies' are?

4wd doughies.. haha i tried that on a wet skidpan, just sits there and pivots, kinda fun.

i'm not sure what 'second gearies' are?

when you get the wheels to chirp for a second or 2 when you change from first to second going flat out

i find that it can still bog down sometimes around 6000rpm, but anywhere above seems to be the sweet spot for launches in my car, no bog down, lays a bit of rubber for about 5m or so too. i wouldnt try it too often if you dont have a very strong clutch. ive done about 30 so far without any problems

also i "hear" that gtr's can rip pretty nice burnout in rwd (with no use of the brakes)

Got a triple plate in mine and it's still great launch after launch.

Did a 4 wheel doughnut burnount once and it is pretty specy. All everyone sees at night is lots of white smoke coming off all the wheels and headlights going round and round!!