SAU Community

Took The Stag To Drags Last Night

AlexCim

Well, all you guys know my Stageea and basically whats done to it.

I have split front/dump from batmbl, $440 catco cat from him too, fuji catback (very quite, with mid muffler), FMIC (not really power mod), pipercross panel filter (again, minor) and was using 10psi of boost....all untuned. These are all my power mods, the rest is all chassis/handling :P. So its not TOO far off a stock car, mid mods.

Not sure what power to expect with that, but i think somewhere around the 140awkw mark maybe? Just because the catback is really quiet, its also a tad restrictive. No worries to me.

So, the runs I did were

Run 1:

2.475 60 foot

[email protected]

This run was my first ever at a drag strip, i was peaking. I made some mistakes rushing things and got a poor launch. Also, O/D was off

Run 2:

2.139 60 foot

[email protected]

This was text book. I didnt rush at the lights, reaction time was 4 seconds because i was spooling. Handbrake on, till it was creeping... launch!

Run 3:

2.414 60 foot

[email protected]

....I launched and forgot the handbrake on.

Run 4:

2.196 60 foot

[email protected]

Again, this was a good launch, built boost, o/d was on for run 2/3/4 as it seemed better.

So, best was 14.7@92mph

Not too shabby if I say myself. Standard SS's and XR6T's were just not able to crack into the 14's, they were doing low 15's. So... there we go.

Anyone else want to post up a list of mdos and also ET's and trap speeds?

I went to the drags to test my car pre manualizing.

Ill post up in this thread when i get my car dynoed pre manual and let everyone know my power. Then after the manual ill chuck it on the dyno and let everyone know my power, then off to the drags again. But this car isnt being modded to going in a staight line, remember that, but it will sure hold its own on the street...specially in the wet.

Cheers

No too sure what it was stalling up too. It was probably around the 2500-2750 RPM range.

Because I didnt do a burnout, i had a long time to stage. So id roll up, stage, gear 1, handbrake, hand on release, get ready, wait for other guy to stage, stall, booost boost boost, handbrake/brake off, floor it, hand on gearstick, shift at 6k

Well done alex! my old r33 with ~180rwkw I took to the drags just before I sold it and best I could crack was a 14.1, but that was mainly because I am crap at the drags and wheelspun most of the way, but still, 14's is a great time!!

I cant wait for mine to be tuned then I'll be off to the drags to see what it can do :)

Might be an idea to start a new thread, just for 1/4 mile times. We have a sticky thread like that in the qld section, which works well as you can then post up what you got then later down the track after mods post up again and see the difference and compare with other times.

Be nice to have one just for stageas :)

Well done again alex!

Alex, do you still have the standard ECU? If so, you should have taken a laptop and dumped what everything was doing over the 1/4.. If you go again give me a yell, as I can lend you a laptop and cable (and my software is just about done.. :-)

Ian

Stock ECU, stock auto box with my screwed torque converter (it woo's a lot, since my going in revserse down a hill when in D)

I want to weigh the car soon, see what it is.

We should start a 1/4 mile thread, but i dont think anyone/only few others have been down the 1/4..?

Stock ECU, stock auto box with my screwed torque converter (it woo's a lot, since my going in revserse down a hill when in D)

I want to weigh the car soon, see what it is.

We should start a 1/4 mile thread, but i dont think anyone/only few others have been down the 1/4..?

When are you heading out to do it again?

Ian

As soon as i can find someone selling a bloody r32/33 GTR gearbox with transfer case and shifter, + 2 weeks labour.

But at this point, ill have a powerFC so no logging etc...

I am sure it isnt too different to some midnight action on a country road, we can arrange something one night before manualizing?

Ken let me know when you are going as I will take mine along for some fun.  We could race and I then could tellyou how good your car looks from behind, that's if i can see that far a head of me, LOL.

cheers ICE

First round of the drags, thought I might take the missus car down too and get someone else to drive it.

Dont know when the first round is though?????????????

Ian, I've looked into a daughterboard for the series 1 stagea ECU, and it's similar to the R33 ECU, so it doesn't have the 40 pin header :)

But i've found it does have an external eprom on the mainboard which has external connection points.

We just need to find someone with the knowledge and skill to nut it out.