SAU Community

Nengun

I had to pay around $400-500 tax for one of my orders which was $1600, the other order was $1100 but that didn't get held up. You will also need a customs broker to release the goods from customs. I think I payed around $100 for their services

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to pay around $400-500 tax for one of my orders which was $1600, the other order was $1100 but that didn't get held up. You will also need a customs broker to release the goods from customs. I think I payed around $100 for their services

You don't need a custom's broker, though it makes the process easier. You can actually register with customs 'integrated cargo management system' or whatever they call it, although its a pain in the arse (you have to have signatures witnessed by a JP, pay a fee of $40-60, fill out detailed forms, etc). If you talk to the gateway facility people for long enough (like I did), they'll probably just release it if you sign a couple of forms ;)

I've purchased over $20K in car parts from Japan/Hong Kong/Singapore over the last 5 years and still have not been charged for cutoms/GST...

I also know that shipping from Japan/China/Hong Kong only takes two days to get to Australia via normal EMS. If nengun are taking an average 3 weeks to get parts to you then it tells me one thing....they do not hold any stock...at all. It would seem that they recieve your order, source the product from their supplier(the 3 week delay) and then send it on.

It makes me a bit nervous tha nengun don't have enough capital/overheads to hold any stock themselves ready to send out as soon as payment is recieved. All other asian shops I purcahse from I usually pay for on a Monday adn recieve the product on Wednesday or Thursday. To be honest they should only take payment once the product is in their hands ready to ship.

Makes me think I should setup a shop over there and offer a quicker turnaround time

I've purchased over $20K in car parts from Japan/Hong Kong/Singapore over the last 5 years and have never been caught once with customs/GST

I also know that shipping from Japan/China/Hong Kong only takes two days to get to Australia via normal EMS. If nengun are taking an average 3 weeks to get parts to you then it tells me one thing....they do not hold any stock...at all. It would seem that they recieve your order, source the product from their supplier(the 3 week delay) and then send it on.

It makes me a bit nervous tha nengun don't have enough capital/overheads to hold any stock themselves ready to send out as soon as payment is recieved. All other asian shops I purcahse from I usually pay for on a Monday adn recieve the product on Wednesday or Thursday. To be honest they should only take payment once the product is in their hands ready to ship.

Makes me think I should setup a shop over there and offer a quicker turnaround time

Hey kennedy, mind letting us in on what companies those are that have such short turn around time?

I recently bought an HKS cat back from nengun. I paid on the 4th and it still hasn't shipped yet. It cost me $850 or so delivered. I checked locally and got a best quote of $1100 plus delivery through to $1400 from Autobarn.

If 3 weeks will save me $300, so be it. But if I can get a similiar price quicker, well, then they'll get my business.

Hey kennedy, mind letting us in on what companies those are that have such short turn around time?

I recently bought an HKS cat back from nengun. I paid on the 4th and it still hasn't shipped yet. It cost me $850 or so delivered. I checked locally and got a best quote of $1100 plus delivery through to $1400 from Autobarn.

If 3 weeks will save me $300, so be it. But if I can get a similiar price quicker, well, then they'll get my business.

I bought alot of parts through Japan eBay from private sellers. Until recently I raced RC cars pretty seriously and thats where about 15K went. That where i bought my chassis, motors etc etc so sorry I cant recommend any shops for full size car parts but i got heaps of links for RC shops. (something tells me your not interested inIn saying that, the product being sold does not matter...shipping is the same for all products.

Do nengun offer an EMS tracking reference? I assume they do..so if you look at the order history I'm gonna take a stab at it and say that the original lodgement date will be only 2-4 days before it is recieved. So why did i take up to three weeks to get the item to a Japan post office? ....refer to previous post.

Do nengun offer an EMS tracking reference? I assume they do..so if you look at the order history I'm gonna take a stab at it and say that the original lodgement date will be only 2-4 days before it is recieved. So why did i take up to three weeks to get the item to a Japan post office? ....refer to previous post.

In fairness to Nengun, they make it no attempt to claim otherwise (ie. that they hold stock). They are quite clear about the ordering process. And it doesn't suprise me they don't stock parts because they don't have a store front, the parts can be very expensive, and they aren't interchangable (ie. seperate lines for almost every engine, car, and generation).

I said this in another thread, but it bares repeating here: if you want to save money, be prepared to waitl if you want something quickly, pay more. There is a reason companies that hold stock tend to have higher prices.... because they have overheads like holding stock.

I said this in another thread, but it bares repeating here: if you want to save money, be prepared to waitl if you want something quickly, pay more. There is a reason companies that hold stock tend to have higher prices.... because they have overheads like holding stock.

Yeah, I remember hearing a quote about that:

"You can get the parts Quickly, Cheaply or in good condition. Pick two."

Yeah, I remember hearing a quote about that:

"You can get the parts Quickly, Cheaply or in good condition. Pick two."

Well that’s a nice bold generalisation! Glad to see that your content with being dictated your terms of sale that is against the norm of modern internet business.

Lets take it from another angle.......

They are an internet based shopfront, there are f*ck all overheads

A website, one or two employees..Thats about it.

Lets think......With all the negative threads and discussions about nengun's turnaround times on multiple forums I wonder how many potential buyers decided against using nengun for this reason alone. I'm thinking heaps. Offset those customer potential sales against an outlay of stock of your top 100 selling items and I think Nengun would come out on top and the success rate of repeat business for nengun would greatly improve.

I for one am sick of the nengun monopoly myth that if you wanna buy something from Asia you have to wait up to a month coz its bollocks. America is the only place where the standard package can take maybe up to 10 working days to deliver.

so post links to alternatives, with prices like nengun, that dont take forever.

btw, those threads about nengun's poor delivery time were over christmas...it seems to be the case that it was a one off and things went back to normal after that

so post links to alternatives, with prices like nengun, that dont take forever.

btw, those threads about nengun's poor delivery time were over christmas...it seems to be the case that it was a one off and things went back to normal after that

Acutally nenguns poor service and delivery time is well documented throught the year some have waited many months for items i bought a nismo fuel pressure reg and waited 2 months for it to arrive

Bought a SAFC II for $380 delivered and it took 13 days to arrive. No complaints about service and I will use it again. For the price I am happy to wait a few weeks more, the stories of deliveries taking 2 months probably meant that nengun had to order the product from the supplier and they had to manufacture it.

I for one am sick of the nengun monopoly myth that if you wanna buy something from Asia you have to wait up to a month coz its bollocks.

What's a "monopoly myth"? :wave:

Look, noone is forcing anyone to use Nengun. IMHO their turn around is too slow, but if I want the absolute cheapest price (usually), I know where to go. Personally I would pay a bit more and use Greenline if you don't want to save every cent. Greenline confirm stock levels when you ask for a quote. Their turn around is usually very good, and they are within 5-10% of Nengun on most products.

What's a "monopoly myth"? :(

Monopoly = Nengun are pretty much the only Japan supplier so they can dictate the tersm of sale

Myth = Shipping takes 2-8 weeks.

Monopoly = Nengun are pretty much the only Japan supplier so they can dictate the tersm of sale

That's rubbish. Greenline, Perfect Run, Taka Kaira and a zillion and one smaller sellers (just look at NissanSilvia) can supply parts from Japan. Being the best known player does not equate to a monopoly.

What's a "monopoly myth"? :(

Look, noone is forcing anyone to use Nengun. IMHO their turn around is too slow, but if I want the absolute cheapest price (usually), I know where to go.

They also have the total cost including shipping on the site and the easiest order process and site nav structure out of all the performance parts sites. The Greenline/Perfect Run email process isn't too bad, but I like to have a proper receipt I can print and save to the HDD.

I'd consider yourself, Kennedy, one of the unlucky few rather than Tuffr32 (above) one of the lucky few.

i'd rather wait a few weeks and get the lowest price than pay top dollar to get it here next day

so what, who cares if it takes 4 weeks for a part.

if its a part that you knew was going to stuff up, or it's something thats going to make your car go faster, im sure that you don't need it right now. you've probably spent months saving up for your dual HKS ball bearing turbos. so whats the difference with waiting a bit longer for shipping.

no-one has patience these days.

as I've said on other forums. its like when you finally get to nail your new gf. sometimes the wait is worth it, cuz if you hit it on the first night, you wonder how many people have had that same opportunity.

I prefer Greenline, they usually get back to me on the same day and are alot of the time cheaper (I've found)

The thing that has annoyed me with Nengun is that if a par isn't listed and I ask for them to put it on the site (so I can buy it), 90% of the time they ignore my request.