SAU Community

Nengun

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ordered a few things with Nengun on the 1st of this month order was confirmed on the 5th shipment is shown as the 13th now its 19th and status is at processing. Does this mean its delayed or is it sent? Does the status change when its sent? Not too worried at this stage, just a little confused.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old on-going thread but i just noticed Nengun has put prices up on his website regardless of if you have registered or not. Some of the prices seem unbelievable. Blitz LM cooler kit for an S15 is $855. I know theres a chance that it will get pulled by customs but even with those charges it would still be cheap. What you guys reckon? How would i go about getting a quote on something that isn't listed on his website???

if its less than 1000 delivered.. as far as im away you wont get his with taxes even than it'll only be small interesting tho that he's put up the prices in au? cause if there in yen.. they always have been

if you want something that isnt on the website send an enquiry and they'll get back to you.. may not be the quickest but yer

I ordered some parts from Nengun yesterday, paid via Direct Deposit - still says Awaiting Payment, but it was only yesterday. It says the Shipment date is the 16th, so hopefully it shouldn't take long. As far as I know, there are no extra costs for getting stuff imported from Japan - at least I hope not.

I got an ARC cooler kit for $905, Apexi AVCR for $562 plus $234 for shipping. All up, $1700, which isn't too bad for the parts I am getting. Hopefully they will turn up soon without any dramas.

I ordered some parts from Nengun yesterday, paid via Direct Deposit - still says Awaiting Payment, but it was only yesterday. It says the Shipment date is the 16th, so hopefully it shouldn't take long. As far as I know, there are no extra costs for getting stuff imported from Japan - at least I hope not.

I got an ARC cooler kit for $905, Apexi AVCR for $562 plus $234 for shipping. All up, $1700, which isn't too bad for the parts I am getting. Hopefully they will turn up soon without any dramas.

$1700...you'll almost certainly be paying tax on the items when they arrive. $1000 is the limit for not paying any tax

no idea sorry man...I just know that when its over $1k, you're likely to be hit with taxes...consider yourself VERY lucky if you dont cop any.

Is there anyone I can contact to find out?

I just gave Customs a call, they said car parts have an additional 10% tax plus GST, so it looks like I am up for about $300 extra. That sucks, stupid government. I suppose it is something to watch out for when buying though.

I just gave Customs a call, they said car parts have an additional 10% tax plus GST, so it looks like I am up for about $300 extra. That sucks, stupid government. I suppose it is something to watch out for when buying though.

Yeah you should have asked Nengun to send your items in 2 parcels with seperate invoices both under $1000.00. It's much cheaper to pay 2x postage than the taxes involved otherwise. Live and learn hey..

As for Nengun tracking system, from experience it's never accurate... postage once it leaves nengun in Japan is only 3-4 days via air. The major delay i've found with these guys is their actuall despatch times. It can take up to 2 weeks for them to package and despatch your goods. I wouldn't bother contacting them re: lead times they seem to think 2-3 weeks from japan is a super fast happy service.

Yeah they're slow..but the prices are ok and the parts always arrive eventually.

yes the tax on $1700 will be $360. since the tax exempt threshold was raised up to $1000 they are now being sticter on things over $1000. before some things came through, some got taxed. now they are pretty hard on anything over $1000. you may still not be taxed though, just wait and see.

An extra $360 in taxes, that sucks big time. They should be able to tell you whether you will pay tax or not, considering they seem to be based in Australia.

Has anyone else ordered over $1000? Can you confirm whether or not you got charged taxes?

that is the reason it's cheap. you are evading australian taxes and duties by importing parts this way. it wont help you if people say that they were charged or not charged in the past. all that is relevant to you is your case, not someone elses. sometimes you are, sometimes you arent. but I can tell you that very recently the rules were changed which involved raising the trheshold to $1000, since that has happend they are now more thorough with levying tax on the parcels that are over $1000. you should have prepared for this. It's not nenguns fault. you are buying from them in japan, the onus is on you to abide by your countrys tax law. most likely you will be fine so I wouldnt worry about it until it happens.

I thought they were based in Australia, I suppose it makes sense that they are based in Japan.

I never said it was Nenguns fault, I have never gotten anything from overseas before and did not realise I would get charged an extra $360 in taxes. Had I known, I think I would have just bought the stuff from a local supplier.

well it's not a forgone conclusion just yet. best to just wait and see. that is why (well partly why) there is such a difference in price. businesses that import parts from japan HAVE to pay import duty (10%) and GST (a further 10% on cost + duty). So you can see the $1700 worth of parts you bought would cost a retailer $2057 and that is before you factor in rental of premesis, staff, etc etc etc.

individuals importing parts are not always subjected to paying duty and gst which is why it can be cheaper.

Yeah you should have asked Nengun to send your items in 2 parcels with seperate invoices both under $1000.00. It's much cheaper to pay 2x postage than the taxes involved otherwise. Live and learn hey..

First of all, not to sound like too much of a stickler, but you should always be prepared to pay the taxes/duties on items. Its the law; custom evasion has extremely harsh penalties. Blah blah blah be a good person blah. :D

You'll also notice if you read the customs documentation closely that they reserve the right to combine the value of parcels delivered within a short time frame, I imagine specificallyto target this type of behaviour.

I also agree Beer Baron: don't bother with other peoples experiences. Whatever system customs uses (random chance? targetted taxing? who knows) means that there is very little correlation between individual experiences. In my case, for instance, every parcel I have ever received from overseas has been stopped for no reason I can ascertain.

For what its worth, I've spent an awful lot of time talking to the customs gateway facility (incidentally, I almost always get the same two people; small staff pool) in the past. Want to know how they check the value of an item? Google. No joke.